Here is your Friday update about the status of Legion Go.
Before I get into the details just want to call out a few things:
- If your concern isn't mentioned in this post specifically it does not mean it's not being worked on. Or that we're not aware of it.
- Including everything we're working on would make the post longer than it already is, which is entirely too long.
- As a middle ground I've included links to previous updates and would encourage you to give them a peruse (CTRL+F is your friend)
- If you ask about something that's already been addressed/covered there is less likelihood I'll be able to reply. So if you're not seeing a response please check the previous updates.
Now for some updates…
12/1 Release (v220.127.116.11)
- Controller Related improvements will be included in the next major version, more on this below (includes DeadZones and Xbox Button Map)
- Got rid of the pesky bug requiring power be connected when switching from 144Hz to 60Hz.
- Added support for 7 additional languages: Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Hungarian, Czech, Romanian, Slovak
- Added some performance profiles to the right flyout menu.
- Preset Performance Mode - 30W TDP, full fan speed, OS Performance Mode
- Preset Power-Saving Mode - Balanced TDP, OS efficiency Mode
- Custom 1 - Whatever you want it to be
- Custom 2 - Whatever you want it to be
- Open right menu and swap through the profiles with LB/RB
- This is taking the place of "game profiles" for now, will look at adding something more robust when we can
- Added a new "Quick Settings" tab to the right flyout menu (usable with controller input) including:
- Win+D - this is helpful to bridge the gap until we can provide full keyboard mappings. I.e. minimizing a game from within via the flyout menu
- Esc - similar to above you can at least use the flyout menu to input "escape" until we get key mapping enabled
- Virtual Keyboard (still accessible with Legion L + B but now you have an additional access option)
- Battery info moved to the top of the right flyout menu regardless of which tab you're in for quicker visibility
- Added "spiral rainbow" option to RGB stick lights
- Other general optimizations
Planned Updates for "Mid-December" Release (off-cycle):
- Joystick deadzone adjustment option
- Xbox Button Mapped to Legion L+RS
- Trackpad vibration switch
- Bug fixes for lighting effects
- Fix for controller input duplication in right menu / games (window focus)
Planned Updates for "Late December / Early January":
- Driver, BIOS, Firmware updates incorporated into Legion Space eliminating the need to rely on manual / alternate update paths
- DPI Settings for trackpad & FPS mode
- FPS limiter which will include (based on feedback from last update + science): 30, 36, 48, 60, 72, custom. Preview:
- Adjustable Fan Curves in Space (v28 BIOS already added some support for this but not user accessible at the moment)
- Ability to turn off light on power button
- Adjust automatic sleep timing on controllers
- LT/RT Deadzone / Activation Point adjustments (tentative)
Planned Updates for "Calendar Q1 2024" (Very Tentative):
- Key Customization / Key Mapping (High Priority, but requires coordination between a lot of teams and dev groups, thus the timing)
- Use of Left/Right triggers for Mouse Clicks (above implementation will allow this)
- Ability to "hide" games in Space
- Desktop Mode or similar
- Taskbar/System Tray Minimization of Space (Please note the Legion R key right menu flyout already works even without loading Space in currently released version)
- Additional customization options for space (tentative)
I do apologize that we were not able to get the deadzone update out on our accelerated timeline. This was originally planned for end of December and based on the importance placed on this by the community we're still on track to get it released earlier than planned but still later than we hoped. We were gated by some things out of our control that I believe have been resolved now and work is able to continue.
- V28 Beta BIOS was released this week, Link here: BIOS v28 Beta Testing
- Official release of V28 should be forthcoming within the next few weeks pending testing completion
- Information about what is/is not included in this BIOS can be found here: Legion Go Update 11.24.23
- Additional functionality is being looked into for future versions including Auto UMA Buffer
- 11/7 Test Drivers were released this week, Link here: v23.20.24.03 VGA Driver Beta Testing
- These will not be officially released "as-is"
- Next iteration will further improve upon these test drivers
- Next official release tentatively planned for "Mid-December"
- Hoping to include integer scaling out of the box with this update without the need to adjust registry
Parts & Service
- Our Service teams have been hard at work to improve your experience with the device
- 10% off ADP (Accidental Damage Protection)
- Available in the Legion Space store under recommended scroll all the way to the right or at the bottom of the help menu in the right flyout menu
- This is a pretty good deal even without the coupon code that seems to be well received by the community so just calling it out for awareness.
- We have been able to start providing some service parts for sale through our support site for those that want/need them, link here: Available Parts
- The extended teams are working on getting replacement parts out to customers in need
Miscellaneous / Known Issues & Requests
- Fan/Coil Whine - known issue for some, does not impact all units, quality teams assessing what can be done
- Fullscreen issues and upside down rendering of some games - known issue, long discussion last night, still work in progress
- Discussing additional controller options, nothing to share yet
- External monitor rotation issues - known issue, looking into
- Gyro enhancements & management options
- USB-C connectivity (charging, data stability)
- Battery Charge limits (some added functionality included in v28 to set charging speed under load)
- Left Speaker interference - root cause under investigation
We greatly appreciate your support, feedback, and patience for the Legion Go and hope that the improvements provided today and on the roadmap for the near future will further improve your experience.
Previously Communicated Information
US Support Site for latest officially supported and released drivers and information: Legion Go - Lenovo Support US
China Support Site for potentially earlier release of officially supported drivers: Legion Go - Lenovo Support China
Parts Sales: Available Parts
V28 Beta BIOS Details: BIOS v28 Beta Testing
11/7 VGA Test Driver Details: v23.20.24.03 VGA Driver Beta Testing
Disclaimer: The details provided herein are intended as a courtesy update and do not serve as a binding commitment or warranty. Lenovo cannot guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of the information and reserves the right to modify product and service plans at any time. We are not liable for reliance on the projected timelines or features, which are subject to change based on various business needs and product development considerations.