Comparison

Those of you who have tried multiple handheld systems, how does the Legion go compare to the others? What do you like about the legion go vs others, what don't you like vs the others, what do you wish would have been different about the legion go?

Parents
  • This is a good question because before I bought my legion go I was going crazy on which console to buy. I head the steamdeck was the most user friendly out of the box and they have the new system that has the oled screen now. The ROG was another good handheld but then I saw people comparing the consoles because of the vrr. The ROG has it but I'm not sure if the steam deck does and I know that the legion go doesn't have it but it can always be added as an update. I eventually decided on the Legion Go which was the perfect choice for me because it's an actual pc with windows is. I know a lot of people don't like windows but I definitely prefer it over MAC. I also like how the GO has the bigger screen and higher refresh rate than the other 2 handhelds even without the vrr but like I said it can alway be added in an update. The Legion Go in my opinion is the better choice out of all 3 handhelds and has the potential of becoming the mature console with future updates making it the better handheld. I also love how transparent Lenovo is about their support for the go. Asus and Steam are good but could be days before you hear anything back from them regarding updates or queries.

• Hi  ,

I agree with you, even if I didn't have nor the Steam Deck, nor the Ally, I'm quite shore that the Legion Go is the better Device for me. Mainly because of the bigger and great looking screen. For mStuck out tongue closed eyesthe other two screens are just way too small to properly read texts, or for properly seeing the in game huds... Already on the Go it is often exhausting to read the Windows texts, I don't wanna knowStuck out tongue closed eyesow annoying it must be on the Ally Stuck out tongue closed eyes

VRR is a Hardware feature just supported by hardware though, so they won't be able to implement it into one of their updates. Anyway I still didn't see any tearing whatsoever, not even when playing Wink low framerates with the 60 Hz mode, so it really isn't a problem on the go WinkThumbsup. You get the most fluent look by keeping your device at 144 Hz, even if you are playing at low frame rates.

It just wont be as smooth as on the Ally with lower frame rates as it has even a mode wich allows it to display motion fluently down to lower then 30 frames.

Anyway it is no problem to reach at least 30 frames in any AAA game with the Legion so far with the right settings.

• Hi EvryGama! VRR can be added as a firmware update as it was just added to my 2021 Samsung tv. I turned on my Xbox the other day and the vrr option showed up under setting for my tv. I thought it was hardware based too but it can be added. I also saw a video the other day from a YouTuber that reviewed the Go saying that vrr was supposed to be available but Lenovo removed the feature. I could be wrong though as you can never tell how accurate a source can be.

• Hi EvryGama! VRR can be added as a firmware update as it was just added to my 2021 Samsung tv. I turned on my Xbox the other day and the vrr option showed up under setting for my tv. I thought it was hardware based too but it can be added. I also saw a video the other day from a YouTuber that reviewed the Go saying that vrr was supposed to be available but Lenovo removed the feature. I could be wrong though as you can never tell how accurate a source can be.

Children
  • I think your Samsung TV was supporting it hardwarewise from the beginning, the software was just not supporting it yet though... I always heard from many videos it is must be supported by the hardware. (A product must be designed for it)

But I'm also not 100% shore, and would be pleasantly surprised if it should be implemented by software updates in the future.