AMD Adrenalin driver software not accessible when installing official latest graphics drivers drivers

Hi guys,

unluckily using the official drivers from the Lenovo Legion Go driver page I don't get access to the driver settings, like it happened with an older beta driver already. At that time you could run a file hidden in some folder from the driver package and then everything was fine again... Now I couldn't even find such file...

I tried reinstalling it cleanly after deinstalling the graphics and the chipset drivers and cleaning up the rest a few times with the AMD driver removal tool, and one time even with DDU, but nothing of this helped...

As I installed the latest driver posted in this forum I still had the possibility to access to the AMD Adrenalin driver settings... 

With the one downloaded from the driver page there is no chance though...

-> As I would have preferred not to manually have to make the registry change for activating integer scaling using the one posted in this forum, but to use the meant implementation in the drivers, does anyone have tips on how to fix this?

I even had the newest AMD Ryzen 7840U drivers installed temporarily, even including a HYPR-FX Eco mode, but as only the 1600p resolution was selectable as one of the Legion Go's proper 16:10 resolutions and all the others were distorted it doesn't make sense for me to use it...

Parents
  • This guy has an amazing video on it. The only issue I have is the possible conflict it has with Legion Go software. For those who are adventurous, go for it. For those a bit more cautious, I'll wait

youtu.be/NeVdSlqLHMc

• Just a sidenote. The way of obtaining the AFMF drivers is not the one displayed in the video. Here is the link to the AFMF driver. Also the video doesn't show the recommended cleanup process as well as the way to add back the Legion Go 16:10 resolutions. Keep in mind that all these are still highly experimental and allthough they won't "destroy" the device, they might cause some headache to put everything back if needed.

•   

Thanks a lot for this fully detailled description! Being precise with those things really helps a lot! SmileyThumbsup

I'm just annoyed with all the issues I had with "sideloading" the normal 780m drivers from the AMD page, that I told to myself at a certain point; I won't do it anymore, and will rely soley on the official Lenovo Legion Go drivers now, even if I really have to wait longer for such great feature updates like AFMF...

Just wasted way too much time on finding out many of such things before, and I just wanna enjoy my GO without wasting my time always with all of that hassle, and just wanna play my games WinkSweat smileYum.

I totally understand it being useful and fascinating at the same time (and it was like that for me too before) to nerd yourself through all of those steps untill at the end finally being achieving betWinkter results then with the currently official lenovo drivers Wink.

•   

Thanks a lot for this fully detailled description! Being precise with those things really helps a lot! SmileyThumbsup

I'm just annoyed with all the issues I had with "sideloading" the normal 780m drivers from the AMD page, that I told to myself at a certain point; I won't do it anymore, and will rely soley on the official Lenovo Legion Go drivers now, even if I really have to wait longer for such great feature updates like AFMF...

Just wasted way too much time on finding out many of such things before, and I just wanna enjoy my GO without wasting my time always with all of that hassle, and just wanna play my games WinkSweat smileYum.

I totally understand it being useful and fascinating at the same time (and it was like that for me too before) to nerd yourself through all of those steps untill at the end finally being achieving betWinkter results then with the currently official lenovo drivers Wink.

Children
No Data