This is a Beta BIOS (for now) with essentially one minor change over currently official v29: the issue with Space interaction with the TDP setting has been fixed.
Keep in mind this is still not a "full" implementation of custom TDP, which will come later, but provides a fix to the implementation of the TDP customization that is intended to be implemented currently.
Again, there are 3 core "controls" needed for full custom TDP implementation: sPPT, fPPT, and TDP. sPPT and fPPT will be implemented later, TDP is already implemented, and this updated BIOS allows it to once again work as it should, and that is, to provide a baseline guidance to the system for user-desired TDP setting. The system will operate around that TDP Level but not precisely 100% of the time.
Before you dive into the download, please read the following important information:
Beta BIOS Advisory:
Beta Status: This BIOS is in beta, meaning it's still undergoing rigorous testing. It's not a final product and may have bugs or issues that could impact your device's performance.
Voluntary Use: Your decision to participate in this beta is entirely voluntary. Downloading and installing this BIOS is at your discretion, understanding the inherent risks of using a product in beta.
Warranty Assurance: While we offer this beta BIOS "as-is" and cannot guarantee its functionality or a bug-free experience, please be assured that using it will not void your device's warranty under Lenovo's terms. However, we cannot extend any warranties, expressed or implied, specific to this beta BIOS.
Feedback & Support: We value your input! Share your experiences in the designated forum. While we may not be able to respond to each comment individually, our team will monitor the feedback for insights and improvements. Note: Official support for this BIOS is not available, but our service team is ready to assist with general queries.
Potential Updates: This beta BIOS is a work in progress. We may issue updates, fixes, or even release a final version in the future. Installing this BIOS does not automatically enroll you in future updates.
Opting Out: If you encounter issues or prefer not to use this beta BIOS, you can easily revert to the stable, official version available on our website. Instructions for reverting are provided below*
We thank you for your participation and understanding as we work towards enhancing your experience with Legion Go.
By downloading and installing this BIOS, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to these terms.
Download Link: /N3CN29WW_5F00_update.zip
Installation instructions: Download the file, unzip with your utility of choice (right click, extract to use the built-in windows extractor), double click the .exe file, and follow on screen instructions.
Summary of changes
1.Based on BIOS29
2.Fixes WMI call for TDP setting in BIOS
- After installing the BIOS the screen may be in Portrait mode if you have rotation lock enabled. If that's the case, disable rotation lock, let it rotate back to landscape, and then re-enable it.
- The screen may stay off for a long period of time while the BIOS is updating, please do not power off mid-update. Power LED will be on while the screen is off and update is still in progress.
- Once completed, BIOS should read as N3CN29WW_TDP02, you may need to re-enter the BIOS to re-confirm and re-adjust settings like UMA buffer size/etc.
- Please also note for best results controlling TDP to use STAPM ("STAMP") mode as opposed to STT.
- This file may trigger some false positives on some antivirus software due to the fact that it alters firmware and is new/unsigned. Again, you are under no obligation to use this BIOS to update your system, it is entirely optional and opt-in. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, then it is not recommended.
*To revert to an earlier BIOS:
- Enter the BIOS configuration by holding down the Volume Up(+) Button during boot.
- Select "BIOS Setup" from the Novo Button Menu
- Select "More Settings" button on the bottom right of the BIOS main screen
- Select "Configuration" tab from the left Menu
- Scroll down (finger touch) to "BIOS Back Flash" and ensure that is enabled.
- Press "Exit" on the left Menu
- Press "Exit Saving Changes" from the options on the right
- Press "Yes"
- Allow system to reboot
- Download and install the latest officially released version on our support site here: laptops and netbooks :: legion series :: legion go 8apu1contentdetail - Lenovo Support US