Battery drain while plugged in

If I am playing an intensive game the battery will slowly discharge. I switched to a 100w charger but the issue still remains. When this happens the plug also gets really hot from trying to charge and power the system at the same time. 

the TDP also is not working correctly and I think this may be the issue. I’ve seen the wattage spike to 40w during gameplay but usually sits at 32w. The built in settings basically do nothing.

any ideas?

Parents
  • I feel like an electrical engineer. New 100w cable and same thing, it loses battery plugged into the hub.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0CJXZQ935?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

it says it has a 100w pass through so I’m not sure what the issue could possibly be. If I directly plug it into the GO without the hub, using the new cable, it charges while playing. I’ve been using this hub for months on the steam deck without issue tho it’s used much less power to charge it.

not sure what else to try. I like using the hub for its Ethernet and I was going to add an external SSD like I have for the steam deck. Wont be able to do that if it won’t charge it. 

• I feel like an electrical engineer. New 100w cable and same thing, it loses battery plugged into the hub.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0CJXZQ935?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

it says it has a 100w pass through so I’m not sure what the issue could possibly be. If I directly plug it into the GO without the hub, using the new cable, it charges while playing. I’ve been using this hub for months on the steam deck without issue tho it’s used much less power to charge it.

not sure what else to try. I like using the hub for its Ethernet and I was going to add an external SSD like I have for the steam deck. Wont be able to do that if it won’t charge it. 

Children
  • I just tried a different hub with 100w pass through and it didn’t charge the Go at all. I’m not sure where the issue lies here with the Go not wanting to charge from hubs.