1TB Micro Sd Card for GO Recommendation

So I was looking for a decent Micro SD to add to my GO.  I had a few smaller ones but I wanted at least 1TB in size and I didn't want to spend $100+ on it. I started researching different cards for the best option. I had used Sandisk and Samsung before all of which worked great but the Sandisk was too much and Samsung only goes to 512. Looked around at some other name brands. Many I found were either or both, over $100, and slower read/write speeds. I was looking at the different offerings TeamGroup had and found this one: TEAMGROUP A2 Pro Plus Card 1TB. The read-write speeds say up to 160/110 MB/s which is very good compared to other cards you see out there.  I have not tested the speeds but I have no reason to as everything runs great even with playing AAA titles off the card. I ended up spending $54 for the card when it was on sale. Such a great purchase as I have gotten other Micro SDs half the size for that much before. If you're looking to expand I would check out this card.

https://a.co/d/0cf9ac2

Parents
  • SanDisk 1TB Extreme microSDXC YHS-1 memory card works well for me. It's $90 right now on Amazon.

• SanDisk 1TB Extreme microSDXC YHS-1 memory card works well for me. It's $90 right now on Amazon.

Children
  •  
    Agree here too, and it is a good and fast UHS-1 SD card I also have and used at the beginning, as I bought the Go mainly, and had ok experiences with it (you just cant compare it to an SSD at all, but for older, or up to mid heavy games they are ok, or great for emulation.)

If you could find UHS-2 SD-Cards it would be even better, but in Germany, at least as I looked there where almost no ones at all, also searching generally over the internet, just on amazon there were 1 or two models with for me to small 400GB and with quite high prices as the Legion Go was released. I don't know if you can find any in the US from reliable brands and resellers...

->>> As especially 2230 SSDs really have similiar prices then SD cards and are way faster, I would really recommend to get one of those with a small extender bracket (cheap to get on top).

-> If you have a small screwdriver, and something like a Guitar Plectrum, or anything similiar, you can easily remove the backplate of the Go and exchange it (possibly keeping the SSD wrap paper of the original intact to be reused with the new one, as it really helps with temperature).

-> There is basically nothing you can break, as long as you are a bit carefull when opening the backplate and as long as you don't hit into the open back on purpose, and are gentle with the SSDs  Yum. I sold my original SSD for 40 Euro on Ebay.

---

If you don't want your warranty to be gone officially, I don't know if the warrenty really voids, if exchanging just the SSD... Even if it does, I don't think Lenovo wouldn't help at all when having issues, if this is all you changed though...

Of course the SD card is an option, just a way inferior one.

If you could find UHS-2 SD-Cards it would be even better, but in Germany, at least as I looked there where almost no ones at all, also searching generally over the internet, just on amazon there were 1 or two models with for me to small 400GB and with quite high prices as the Legion Go was released. I don't know if you can find any in the US from reliable brands and resellers...