Legion go controller disconnects constantly.

Hi everyone,

I will like to report an issue with my controller. Please find attached is a video of the issue and this what am going through making the device useless to play games with the controller attached but detached its ok. Am in the UK but bought the device in the US all because of there shipping issue at the time of launch. Me sending the device to the states to fix or replace will cost me alot to ship to the US and back to the UK. And what really pissed me of is that theres no international warranty for the device. 

Also you will see a second right controller by the right side of the device. I had to order it thinking it will work but no success and it hard to update the firmware.

Here are all the steps I have carried out.

• Pressed the reset button by the side of the controllers 
  • Held the power button for 30 secs or more to clear the controllers memory 
  • Held the legion R button + RB + click and hold the right stick
  • Downgraded my bios version from 29 
  • Factory restore the device(restore widow)
  • Called support that suggested some above processes

With all that step still nothing was resolved.

• Something basic, but worth asking, have you cleaned / made sure there is no dirt on the Go? Meaning where the game pad gets attach to the device? I would try carefully cleaning with alcohol and Q-Tip, being you have a replacement I'm guessing is not the gamepad. 

• Yeah I have done that and also all the steps I have carried out.

• Pressed the reset button by the side of the controllers 
    • Held the power button for 30 secs or more to clear the controllers memory 
    • Held the legion R button + RB + click and hold the right stick
    • Downgraded my bios version from 29 
    • Factory restore the device(restore widow)
    • With all that step still nothing was resolved.
  • Just guessing, but I doubt it's a software issue.

And being you have a spare controller, you could assume the issue in on hte legion go device.

That's why I sugested checking if there is any drit or residue that could result in inconsistent contact between the controller "pogo stick connectors"

If not something obvious that can be solved by cleaning, there must be something internally loose / broken.

I hate to say it ... but you need to probably have it service by a pro.

• I think you have done all you can and it seems to be a hardware issue. That's my major issue with detachable controllers as the risk of hardware issues goes up

• Hey Freddy, what about detaching the controllers and pressing/holding the legion button until they turn off then wait a few minutes and then doing the same thing and turning them back on? Or attach them when they're already off and then turn them back on?