battery drain.

I just pick up a Legion go a few days ago and notice a massive battery drain around 5watts while idling (screen 60hrz mode), this is the energy report I got from windows CMD I tried to reinstalling the drivers, but nothing seems to work anyone else experiencing this problem? does anyone know how to fix this?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Analysis Results
Errors
System Availability Requests: System Required Request
The device or driver has made a request to prevent the system from automatically entering sleep.
Requesting Driver Instance
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0257&SUBSYS_17AA3C26&REV_1000\5&1675d86&0&0001
Requesting Driver DeviceRealtek High Definition Audio
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
USB Suspend: USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend
This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state. Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state. Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping.
Device Name: USB Composite Device
Host Controller IDPCI\VEN_1022&DEV_15B9
Host Controller Location
PCI bus 194, device 0, function 3
Device ID
USB\VID_17EF&PID_6184
Port Path3
Warnings
Platform Power Management Capabilities: Wireless access point does not support WMM Power Save
The wireless access point the computer is connected to does not support WMM Power Save Mode. The wireless network adapter cannot enter Power Save mode to save energy as defined in Wireless Adapter Power
  • Have you set the OS to efficiency using the right legion button?

• yes, and I tried legion space to change power settings and to check for drivers updates it says I'm up to date. And I also tried the "quite' mode in the bios, still the same problem. 

•   

I guess this is normal unluckily as Windows power management just isn't it's best...

I think only deactivating background processes you don't need, taking as much as possible software running in the background out of Autostart could help slightly, but not too much.

• this is a driver issue, if the drivers are not working or not properly installed it will cause the computer to set those devices to their default values causing it to use more power than it should. a good example is when you enter your bios, your screen will be set to max and the cpu will start to get hot and spin up the fan there isn't anything commutating with these devices, so they are set to their default values.

• to let everyone know this is a driver issue I do have another gaming laptop with a 16inch display while idling and the screen on it only pulls around 2watts.

• Hey

Just made some testing with hwinfo sensors. Power draw in the battery section seems to be quite accurate.

I noticed increased power draw with controllers disconnected and switched off (tablet mode)

Bios set to STAMP, controllers attached, battery power draw around 5,3W. When disconnected and disabled around 7W which is 30% more power on idle.

I hope they will fix that on the next bios revision. I bought Legion Go mostly as powerful tablet with a great screen :)

• You on bios 29.1?

• Have checked the power profile, advanced power settings, processor power management, minimum processor state settings for on battery and plugged in? 

When I went through each advanced power setting after receiving my Legion Go, I was alarmed to see the minimum processor state setting on battery set to 80%. IMHO, both on battery and plugged in minimum CPU state settings are good at 5%.

• I guess 29 downloaded by Legion Space. Is 29.1 beta one?