Legion slim 5 battery life

I'm new to pc gaming and I'm moving over from console gaming due to the TV being hogged by my family. 

I have recently bought a Legion Slim 5 Gen 9 16" with the following specs

AMD Ryzen 7 8845HS Processor, 2 x 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, 16" 2560 x 1600, 500 nits, 240Hz display, NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 4060 Laptop GPU 8GB and the 4 Zone RGB keyboard. 

I've only used it for 4 - 5 hours so far mostly playing satisfactory but the battery seems to last less than an hour.

Is there something I can adjust to improve the battery life?

Any help will be very much appreciated. TIA

• Hi Paul,

I would recommend doing the following:

- Reduce your screen refresh rate to 60Hz, reduce screen brightness, put the PC in airplane mode if you're not gaming on WiFi.

- Put the gaming setting to Hybrid mode or Battery Saving mode

- In some cases I've heard of people turning off the Nvidia GPU and running games strictly on the AMD Ryzen CPU integrated graphics and this helps out a ton, but you can't run high graphical games.

Sorry, the community has left you high and dry for over a month.I have my Legion Slim 5 Gen 9 coming in the mail and I've been reading up on tweeaks and I've seen people get 8 hrs of gaming on plane trips, so I know it's do-able. You may want to consider upgrading the ram and SSD as well. I got the 4070 model with the same specs as you and I've ordered 64GB of ram and 4TB SSD to beef up the system.

• This would be your answer here, this all would help preserve battery when on the go and I’ll add to it.

It’s unfortunately the reality of things still that gaming laptops aren’t efficient enough to play demanding games on battery for long periods of time, being limited to an hour or 2 for most higher graphical games. Any time you can do so you should play plugged in, you get far more performance this way anyway. When unplugged, on top of the already suggested things from Jordan, you could turn down the graphics settings in your game and lower fps to 30 for more casual ones to further preserve battery. Unless you’re playing smaller and less demanding games, the more demanding ones should only be run on higher settings on the charger. Small things such as turning off keyboard lighting help a lot too if you haven’t.

•   

and  have told you all of the reasonable measures you can take to extend battery-life.  But, what about the unreasonable measures? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's what I'm about to tell you. ;-)

• In the BIOS, you can disable all overclocking and hyper-threading.
    • You can (drastically) limit CPU-clock frequencies and CPU-utilization percentages.  You'll find these settings in "advanced" power options.
    • You can turn off the touch pad, using Fn+F# (e.g. Fn+F6).
    • You can turn off the built-in display, using the power options—and disconnect any external display (HDMI and DP ports draw power).
    • You can mute (or disable) the audio input/output to all devices—including internal speakers and the headphone jack.

How will you play your games without video or audio output?  Are you familiar with "The Pinball Wizard"?  He was a "deaf, dumb, and blind kid".  He played by intuition—and by sense of smell. :-)

• Thank you sir for the genuine laugh this generated!