What is the best Legion system - notebook or desktop, Best Value?

Lenovo has a large selection of Legion's notebooks and desktops for 2022-2023.  If you take in account, most bang for the buck, expandability, components/subsystems, and value; what is your suggested system and why?  Thanks   

• Legion 5i when it's on sale, swap the memory for x8 and you have one of the fastest laptops under $1400 ever.

• I've had a Legion 7 Tower since July that I picked up on sale and it's been fantastic.  RTX 3080, i9-12900K, 16GB ram, 2 TB SSD.  All for around 2K.  I was really happy.

Just picked up a Legion 7i (non-slim) laptop that I'm looking forward to as well.  I have a 13" gaming laptop now and since I'm not traveling or moving around much I figure it's fine to just get a 16" instead that has more bang for the buck.

• Really depends on what you are going to use it for and whether you need something portable. I think the Legion 5i is a great choice especially through the numerous sales Lenovo runs. It can probably handle most software you run on it at a good price.

• My Legion 5 with the Ryzen 7 and the RTX 3050Ti is an outstanding budget gaming laptop. I'm super impressed by the performance so far!

• Legion desktop and laptop computers are built for gaming.

A desktop use to last longer because they stay at home, there is more space for a better cooling system, and you can upgrade each component. We also have to consider that the price of the desktop may not be the real price because you will also have to spend money on peripherals if you don't already have them. This point can be positive if you prefer a dedicated keyboard, mouse and screen. Another thing to keep in mind is that a dedicated keyboard and mouse used with a legion tower or any desktop computer are easier to keep clean than those on a laptop.

However, you don't need to add peripherals to a laptop if you don't want to because the laptop already has them, except for the cooling pad and mouse that you might want to buy. The components of the laptop are mobile versions of the actual components, so an average legion tower is expected to outperform a legion laptop.

Even if Legion laptops are supposed to be portable devices, they are heavy - not as heavy as a Legion tower - but they won't be comfortable for a commuter to carry around every day unless you have a briefcase or moc. However, the fact that you don't need to have a laptop connected to use it allows you to move it wherever you want. This can also be a negative point, because the fact that a device is moved from one place to another makes it more prone to being a victim of falls, contact with liquids, etc. In addition, over the years the hinge of the legion becomes damaged by continuous use or misuse, something that does not happen with a legion tower.

What do we learn with that? One is not completely better than another. If you're traveling or need a device to use on the go for gaming and work and prefer portability over performance, a Legion laptop is a better option. If you don't need a device for use on the go, prefer performance to portability, and don't like hearing fans running and feel heat under your fingers, a desktop is probably the best option for you.

• Excellent! What games do you play on it? Is the RTX 3050Ti always enough?

• Now that I think about it, it seems that a Legion tower tends to have more storage than a Legion laptop for the same price, right?