How To Add Additional NVMe Drive to Legion Desktop

Hey guys, I added a faster NVMe drive to my Legion Generation 8 desktop. Just wanted to share how to do it if anyone else is interested in adding more storage to their computer.

Parents
  • Ooof. The never-ending struggle of needing more storage.When I built my PC, I put two 1TB NVMEs in so I could have some separation. I've got space for another one that I'd like to be a 2TB or a 4TB, but honestly I'm rolling around the idea of also getting PCIE adapter that holds four NVMEs in the future as well. This is on top of more than several terabytes of external drives. I run into this issue at work despite having a couple of terabytes between my workstation. I just want more space! Rofl

• Yea I hear you. I already had 2X 14TB HDDs for cold storage, but I needed more space for project files. Plus the size of games is getting crazy that you can easily eat up a 1 TB with 3 or 4 games. The PCIE adapter thing looks neat, just don't know if the speeds coming out will be lower or not. Hopefully drive prices keep dropping though, would love to have a 4 TB down the road.

• Yea I hear you. I already had 2X 14TB HDDs for cold storage, but I needed more space for project files. Plus the size of games is getting crazy that you can easily eat up a 1 TB with 3 or 4 games. The PCIE adapter thing looks neat, just don't know if the speeds coming out will be lower or not. Hopefully drive prices keep dropping though, would love to have a 4 TB down the road.

Children
No Data