Lenovo future products

So it's been 8 years since Lenovo bought Motorola and I feel that gives them the ability to use existing IP to release a competitor to the ROG phones or even the RedMagic Phones. There was a time Motorola was at the top of the industry with cool factor so they clearly have some ideas. What are the odds that Lenovo think outside of the box and use their brand recognition, compatibility with Linux, and existing IP in mobile to release a true open source powered phone (possibly foldable) to compete with even the likes of the Samsung Fold? Clearly they have some ideas with their unfortunately under powered foldable thinkpad.

Parents
  • I will love to see a Lenovo computer with the Chinese Tianhe processors, or even RISC-V. I don't know why Lenovo owns Motorola, since phones are nothing to do with computing. I have some computer ideas. Can I give them? Thanks!

• I can get on board with RISC-V but not sure if anyone stateside would trust a Chinese processor. Not because its Chinese, but because they have not really been tested for endurance and longevity just yet. Takes time to build brand reputation and thus far they have none outside of China. Would be an interesting mashup though to be the first global system maker to partner with the red giant. 

• I hope Lenovo will allow people to give suggestions. That will help the company to stay close to the customers, their most important asset. Lenovo is for the fans, aren't they?

Reply Children
No Data