Best Vantage and Windows settings for getting the most of a Lenovo Legion Pro 5i Gen 8 16IRX8?

Greetings,

I was wondering what are the best settings for Vantage and Windows for getting the most of a Lenovo Legion Pro 5i Gen 8?

CPU: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700HX   2.10 GHz

RAM: 32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)

GPU: RTX 4060 8GB

SSD: 1TB Gen 4 NvME + 1TB Gen 3 NVME

Screen: 16" WQXGA (2560 x 1600), IPS, Anti-Glare, Non-Touch, HDR 400, 100%sRGB, 500 nits, 240Hz, Narrow Bezel, Low Blue Light

Currently I have Performance thermal mode with GPU overclock enabled with GPU Clock Offset 150MHz VRAM Clock Offset 200MHz dGPU mode still feeling I could get more of it.

• Definitely going to follow this thread so that I can stand on the shoulders of giants. I've been wondering much the same, so this should be pretty useful for me. Thanks for asking!

• I don't have an answer, but I'm here lurking to see what the experts think or have experience with performance tuning.

• Coincidentally, I was about to post a similar question. Instead, I'll check in on yours from time to time. Curious to learn how people are using Vantage & if it's worth the price. 

• So on my Legion laptop, I use Vantage for a few things all of which can be done through Windows but with less effort with Vantage. I use the Conservation Mode which keeps my laptop from charging past 60% when plugged in which will prolong the life of your battery. I also use the Network Boost and Thermal Mode (set to performance which can also be set through Nvidia Control Panel for each individual game if you don't want your laptop utilizing full power on all games). Network Boost is essential a feature where you can type in what apps you want prioritized while playing a game like Discord for instance while limiting resources to any other app or software running. I used to use the Camera Privacy Mode but I think if I am not mistaken it was removed with thel atest Vantage version but camera can be turned off in Windows system settings so no big deal although I thought it was strange Lenovo would remove a feature like that from Vantage as well as the ability to change fan speed but I think Thermal Mode adjusts the fan speed depending on which of the three options you choose. Vantage is just a convenient easier way of accessing settings without having to navigate or search for them through windows for those who may not be familiar with where to look. It can be convenient and  helpful but not necessary.   

• Like others, I'm here to see what settings users choose for this Legion product  Eyes  I have an older ThinkPad that I keep plugged in, so the only option I set was "Battery Charge Threshold" to 80%.

• Interesting to know.

• Very interesting and informative post. Will save this for future reference, to glean expert advice.

• I'd go for a better GPU if you can, 4060 TI at least.

• I would turn off hybrid mode (MUX switch) so you always use your 4060. If you want the best performance, I would go into your settings and turn display stuff to performance. I would also go into your NVIDIA Control Panel and turn that to performance. I would also turn on network boost in Vantage and tune your game settings based on Google searches. 

• I limit battery charging to about 75% since I stay plugged in most of the time. I tend to use performance mode and elevate the laptop with a cooling pad. That’s about it and I am really satisfied so far.