Will mobile gaming ever be considered on the same level as console or PC gaming?

I really wonder if there will come a time when the best players of a mobile game will be as good as or better than the best players on console or PC in the same game. I would like to see a massive tournament featuring an equal number of the top talents from each respective platform competing against each other in a game to see the final average ranking of each platform.

Parents
  • I really don't see that happening. When people think of mobile games, Candy Crush and Angry Birds are likely the things that come to mind, not the fully fleshed out offerings that are available today. And frankly, it's more comfortable, visually appealing, and customizable to play on PC or console vs mobile. Maybe that will change as cloud gaming becomes more accessible and mainstream, but time will tell on that. 

• I really don't see that happening. When people think of mobile games, Candy Crush and Angry Birds are likely the things that come to mind, not the fully fleshed out offerings that are available today. And frankly, it's more comfortable, visually appealing, and customizable to play on PC or console vs mobile. Maybe that will change as cloud gaming becomes more accessible and mainstream, but time will tell on that. 

Children
  • I definitely can't see phones every reaching a point where the hardware is as capable as a PC but not every game will need crazy spect to function 100%. Take everyone's favorite game Fortnite for example, I'd like to see the top 150 from each platform all compete in a tournament together.