Nintendo Direct for June 18, 2024

What do you think the upcoming Nintendo Direct will showcase? Or, what are you hoping for from it? 

Possibilities I see:

• New Mainline Mario Game: Given the success of recent Mario games, a new 3D Mario platformer or a follow-up to "Super Mario Odyssey" might be revealed.

• The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom DLC: Additional content for "The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom" could be announced, expanding the game's already rich world.

• Metroid Prime 4 Update: Fans have been eagerly awaiting news on "Metroid Prime 4," so an update or even gameplay footage could be on the cards.

• New Donkey Kong Game: Rumors have been circulating about a new Donkey Kong game, potentially a 3D platformer.

• New Hardware: Nope! Nintendo have said, "There will be no mention of the Nintendo Switch successor during this presentation." 

• Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC: If the game is to receive further updates, new character announcements would excite the community.

• Remasters and Ports: Nintendo might announce remasters or ports of classic games, such as titles from the GameCube or Wii era.

• Indie Game Highlights: Nintendo often showcases indie games during their Directs, so we might expect a few spotlight segments on upcoming indie titles.

• New IPs or Surprises: Nintendo is known for surprises, so there could be announcements for entirely new games or unexpected revivals of older franchises.

• Third-Party Collaborations: Collaborations with other developers could bring popular third-party games to the Switch, possibly with exclusive features.

• I'm (hopefully and realistically) looking forward to any Zelda news I can get!

• I think that hard-core fans of Nintendo and their franchises would be willing to pay for a subscription for these things (at least for a little while). Many are good suggestions, such as a new Mario game, Tears of the Kingdom DLC, a new Donkey Kong game, remasters and ports of older games, and popular indie games. I don't have a Switch, but I'll still be interested in seeing what they offer. I'll ask my cousin who has one what he thinks of Nintendo Direct and if he's interested in subbing.

• Switch Online is still terrible

• I hope there will be new Switch news.

• I'm hoping for fire emblem news whether its remakes or a new game. 

• I would be interested in ports that would work well on the Switch like maybe Valheim or other survival games. I also wouldn’t mind Game One games being added. 

• I don't really have any any specific games im hoping for but I am sure it will be a good show with fun announcements 

• I always hold out hope they'll revisit Startropics

• No new product announcement was a bit disappointing, but I would like to see some new IPs. I have gotten bored of seeing the same Nintendo franchises over and over again.