Investment: Unboxed Nintendo Switch OLED model - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom edition

Do you think this switch would be a good investment for the future?? Thoughts?

• No. It has been widely rumored that the switch is at the end of its lifespan. I would expect it to have a max of 2 years left before it becomes too dated for new releases. 

However, if you are a collector and an avid fan of Nintendo then go for it. I still play on my Gameboy and buy games for it. 

• Yes and no. The Switch OLED has a very nice display if you intend to use it on the go, but it depends on Nintendo’s intent with Switch 2 which isn’t the best thing to bet on. Once the Switch 2 is out, Nintendo could continue the original Switch’s life span by making new games compatible with both, just lower graphics for the old one, but that can’t be guaranteed that they would. It would make sense though, from what I‘ve heard the Switch 2 is not a very big performance increase going to match base PS4 performance. If you’re happy with single player gaming though (since we can’t be sure if Nintendo will keep the original online service up) and happy with the current Switch library or are willing to bet on Nintendo keeping the original Switch alive, then the decision would be fine if you can’t wait.

As a good investment for the future though? No, I’d wait.

• Hmmm... if you don't have a Switch yet, yes worth it.

I have the original and now the OLED.

I'm still close to getting a Steam Deck, there are a lot of games I haven't played Baldur's Gate 3 or Cyberpunk 2077 and chances are those aren't coming to Switch 2.