Old school gaming Super NES and Super Mario All Stars

Hi all. I'm new to this forum, but I was wondering if there were other people out there who still appreciate and enjoy the "old days" of gaming on consoles such as this? Way back in college I actually wound up finding a good deal on a Super Nintendo specifically to obtain Super Mario All Stars because those were always some of my favorite games. 

(Of course I could go back to growing up on Atari and Pitfall lol but that's another story for another time.)

Long story short, I wound up having to leave my Super NES behind. Does anyone know if you can still obtain an original system? And, I don't mean the systems that you can get that are more digitalized or have predownloaded games. Also, I'm trying to find one that won't cost a few hundred dollars because the rare few I've found being sold have been way over-priced. (I'm a single mom and don't have a few hundred dollars for those wondering why I can't spend that kind of money on a system I really want). 

Now that my son is older he's super bummed we can't play this together and I'd like to be able to recoup some of our losses for him and it would be awesome to share some of what I grew up with him. 

Now, of course he's a teenager and is a huge online gamer (PC) but, it would be greatly appreciated if anyone here has any ideas or leads into old consoles that can be found at a reasonable price! 

Any help or even any shout outs to any other Super Mario fans would be greatly appreciated and awesome! And, I always wanted a stuffed Yoshi because he's super cute so any characters that anyone enjoys-- please feel free to mention Blush

Sorry for the long post, but *THANK YOU* so much if you take the time out to even read it!!  

• I Still love the classics as well.

• Ya I love the classics. I was addicted the Sega games.

• I grew up with an Atari and then a Commodore computer. The SNES was amazing to me as well! We  have a Switch and I love playing some classics on there. I know it’s not quite the same but I’m glad to have the option. 

• Nice! Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! 

• Any particular favorites? I definitely have more than one genre but I was a big Sonic fan for sure. Thank you for reading and replying! 

• Love it! I still remember so many Atari games and there are so any classics. Oddly enough one of my favorites was 'Demon Attack' and no one remembers that one lol. Feel free to tell me yours. Also, I think it's great that you had a Commadore computer too! It's so awesome you have a switch and you get to play the classics. Thanks for the read and response! 

• I love the classics too, but the only cheap option is emulators with controllers from that era that have been replicated with USB plug.

• Thank you so much for the input and I don't disagree by any means, but it just feels so very wrong to me. Perhaps, the only way is the expensive way. It's just such a bummer because I actually had 2 Super NES consoles. 

• I found nearly all the classic systems at yard sales or thrift shops, along with many of the best vintage games. It took a few years, lots of yard/estate sales, and plenty of haggling. But it's quite the collection now - not complete, but plenty to enjoy.

• Contra games always in my memory.