Thoughts on Yuzu

What are your thoughts on Yuzu getting sues by Nintendo? Do you think Yuzu has a significant impact on Switch piracy? Personally I find it interesting that Nintendo waited until after handheld PCs took off and probably fel a bit threatened since people can use Yuzu to play on handhelds. I just wish they'd instead try to to update their old consoles a bit faster!

Parents
  • I’d say it’s an unfair sue and I agree with you that it’s probably Nintendo getting concerned with the new handhelds gaining the ability to run their games through this software. Like all emulators, Yuzu does not condone piracy and it is against their policy for its users to do so. Since it is emulating a currently active and latest generation console for Nintendo though I suppose this may potentially go differently legally through different arguments but we’ll see.

Side note: Nintendo definitely needs to release a console that isn’t stuck in 2014

• I’d say it’s an unfair sue and I agree with you that it’s probably Nintendo getting concerned with the new handhelds gaining the ability to run their games through this software. Like all emulators, Yuzu does not condone piracy and it is against their policy for its users to do so. Since it is emulating a currently active and latest generation console for Nintendo though I suppose this may potentially go differently legally through different arguments but we’ll see.

Side note: Nintendo definitely needs to release a console that isn’t stuck in 2014

Children
No Data