Why did lenovo put the i5-13400F and not a i5-13600F in a $1,250 machine

Why did lenovo put the i5-13400F and not a i5-13600F in a $1,250 Legion tower 5i? I just wanted to know because I'm CPU capped in a lot of things and 4 is less then 5

• And the cooler for my CPU is way worst then what was advertised in the pictures

• Well both the 13400F and 13600F have the same number of P-cores (6) and E-cores (4) for a total of 10 cores. While there is a difference in performance, it is a fairly minimal upgrade so that may be why Lenovo opted with the 13400F to lower costs of the tower. How much RAM does your tower have? If it is 16GB I would upgrade to 32GB or 64 GB and that would help with your CPU capping. I think where the i5 is lacking is with its 16 threads. I have to be honest that I have never had an i5 processor as I usually opt with an i7 processor or an i9 if I can afford it but know that there have been good i5 processors in the past.

• The answer is likely cost, it usually is in such cases.

• I suspect a short and unsatisfying answer would likely be cost. There could be other factors like inadequate cooling from the thermal performance / profile of the i5-13600F vs i5-13400F and subsequently opting for a slightly lower CPU tier but these facts would be hard to verify without two workstations to compare against.

• Cost and a marginal performance difference

• Saving a few bucks is most likely the reason in order to keep it in a certain price range. As for the cooler, often companies will include a better cooler if you opt for the slightly more expensive CpU. I have a Dell XPS desktop and I thankfully learned that the 10700K came with a decent cooler whereas the 10700F had a smaller, less effective cooler. 

• Cost especially since relatively close in cores and other stats, might also convienence stock wise on the shelves.

• My experience with SI and OEMs is that they tend to cut corners to save on costs. By including a lower SKU CPU, their motherboard doesn't have to include specifications to deliver the power necessary for a 'K' series CPU or for overclocking. Also, a cheaper cooler can be included. They might also be worried about warranty and RMA issues because the user might try to overclock it out of the box without the know-how. Maybe a tray of i5-13400Fs is cheaper than the i5-13600F. Then, the director of that division can brag to his boss how he saved the company thousands of dollars by cutting that corner.

• They are likely trying to save as much money as possible without losing a ton of performance. However, this is generally how every part of a prebuilt PC is - lower quality. This is why I encourage others to learn how to build their own PC. People can usually build a system cheaper OR with better quality than prebuilt. This also gives you skills on how to troubleshoot, fix, and upgrade your computer later. You will learn about which components are good and which brands are reputable for certain computer parts. Just make sure you buy from a place where you can do free returns within 30 days or more. 

• It comes down to cost. The more expensive the build the more it will cost the consumer. Every computer company does this.