What is a tech tip you’d give to a newbie pc builder?

Just as the title explains, what is a tech tip you’d give to a newbie pc builder or a person who isn’t tech savvy? 

My tech tip would be to back up your files often. A few months ago, my laptop that I frequently use for college and gaming suddenly stopped working and wasn’t repairable. My mistake was not backing up my files before my laptop gave up.

• Don't go all in on the gpu only to cheap out on the psu and other less sexy components.

I've been computing for a long ass time and I've never had a computer fail to the point that I couldn't retrieve files before I restore the system. If you're worried about it, have an internal drive separate from the one your OS is on and you'll be able to pick up where you left off once you reinstall.

• Don’t buy parts because you think they are good. Use cpu benchmark.net and find the best part on the price comparison sort feature. For cpu, ram, graphics cards, ssd, hdd….  Save yourself a bunch of money and get better performance.  

dont cheap put on motherboard. Make it forward upgradable for 10 years.  
    get lona of cooling. Water is NOT needed… but lots of quite fans. Beautiful and expensive cable management is not needed. But make sure airflow is good. 
    RBG is stupid and expensive. 

más far as backup. Your whole system should be cloned if you don’t want to lose anything. 

• Have enough fans, a generous power supply, case with good airflow, heatsink paste, grounding strap and have fun. Buffalo wings and a case of soda optional. Also don't crush your CPU when installing your heatsink.

• You only need to back up data.  If you replace a computer, you are going to need to reinstall applications anyway.  The vast majority of data can be stored on cloud services like Microsoft OneDrive or Dropbox.  Just having a Microsoft account gets you 5gb of free OneDrive storage, but if you have a subscription to Microsoft Office/365, you get 1TB included.  It's also a good way to sync files if you have multiple machines. There's good integration, so you can pretty easily set things up so that your typical data directories like "My Documents" are synced to OneDrive.

• Don't buy parts one by one, buy them all at once. Otherwise you might be left with half a computer with no funds to complete it for whatever reason. Meanwhile the parts will just get older and cheaper while waiting on you to finish the build.

• Offline in reply to Jay A.

Had a drive fail back when I was in middle school running Windows XP lol had a separate drive for OS and storage ever since.  I'm just paranoid and traumatized from losing a bunch of south park style paint drawings of me and my friends at the time.

• Watch lots of videos and buy parts from retailer with good customer support and warranty.

• Research all of the parts and make sure they're compatible with each other. There are times that u might buy ine thing and it might not exactly go well with the other, or even function properly. As well as read about the components and the user experiences with them, as some products might look really good but not be great at all, or even have decent support in case if it fails/malfunctions. 

• Make sure the parts are compatible!!

• I am by no meansva pc builder but i used to be the go-to person when laptops failed, ( mostly fan replacements and inside cleaning) alcohol is a godsend, when in doubt use alcohol, and you can never have too many fans, oh lord.