Monitor Advice - Freesync with NVIDIA and DPmini?
I have a few questions to ask.
I'm considering purchasing a curved 1440p/2K monitor for my laptop, the thing is, I don't want to buy something with features I can't use, or worse won't work at all. Most, if not all monitors that I've looked at within my price range have the "Freesync" label. As far as I'm aware, despite Freesync being an AMD invention, NVIDIA GPU's can take advantage of this. See link below.
My Laptop is of the following specifications:
Name: Lenovo Legion Y7000 (2019)
GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1660 Ti (6GB)
STORAGE: 512GB M.2 NVME PCIE SSD + 1TB SAMSUNG 870 QVO
PORTS & CONNECTIVITY:
- 2x USB Type-A 3.2 Gen 1 (5 Gbps)
- 1x USB Type-A 3.2 Gen 1 (5 Gbps), Sleep and Charge
- 1x USB Type-C 3.2 Gen 1 (5 Gbps), DisplayPort
- HDMI 2.0
- Displayport mini
- Ethernet LAN 10/100/1000 Mbit/s
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
So I am looking at the ASUS VG27WQ1B TUF GAMING 27 INCH CURVED 165HZ WQHD VA GAMING MONITOR as thanks to the black Friday sales, it's at an affordable price.
So, my question(s) are the following:
- Are my laptop specs suitable for 144Hz? If not, what do you recommend?
- Would I be able to use the Freesync features considering I only have a Displayport mini? IE could I make use of freesync features if I bought a Displayport to Displayport mini cable?
Thanks so much for your input, I really need somebody more experienced on this!