Which game got you "hooked" on gaming?

For me, it wasn't until I was in my mid-30s that I even decided I wanted to give gaming a go.  It started with some chill games on the Switch, which led to some solo games like Borderlands, but ultimately my partner got me into FFXIV which became my new obsession for around a year, lol.  Now, a streamer I enjoy immensely opened a community guild on WoW Classic with the newest expansion, so I jumped into that, and it's my nightly obsession.

Parents
  • My progression went something like this: Final Fantasy 2 on SNES (addictive and stayed up some late nights), Doom on PC (my brother and I played the free demo over and over, sent in a check to get the full version on floppy), EverQuest which speaks for itself, and now Switch for portable gaming and PC for great indie stuff and a few AAA games here and there. 

• My progression went something like this: Final Fantasy 2 on SNES (addictive and stayed up some late nights), Doom on PC (my brother and I played the free demo over and over, sent in a check to get the full version on floppy), EverQuest which speaks for itself, and now Switch for portable gaming and PC for great indie stuff and a few AAA games here and there. 

Children
No Data