Which game got you "hooked" on gaming?

For me, it wasn't until I was in my mid-30s that I even decided I wanted to give gaming a go.  It started with some chill games on the Switch, which led to some solo games like Borderlands, but ultimately my partner got me into FFXIV which became my new obsession for around a year, lol.  Now, a streamer I enjoy immensely opened a community guild on WoW Classic with the newest expansion, so I jumped into that, and it's my nightly obsession.

Parents
  • Atari's Pong in a table enclosure at Pizza Hut many, many years ago. The table was covered by glass and underneath was a CRT facing upwards. I believe the controller buttons were under the glass too, near the edge. You could play it with your family and friends while waiting for your pizza. I saw those moving electronic rectangles / lines and squares and thought computer graphics would change the world. Years later, I eventually wound up studying Computer Graphics at the University of Utah - a pioneering university in the field... that currently also has the #1 Game Development curriculum in the US  Thumbsup

• Atari's Pong in a table enclosure at Pizza Hut many, many years ago. The table was covered by glass and underneath was a CRT facing upwards. I believe the controller buttons were under the glass too, near the edge. You could play it with your family and friends while waiting for your pizza. I saw those moving electronic rectangles / lines and squares and thought computer graphics would change the world. Years later, I eventually wound up studying Computer Graphics at the University of Utah - a pioneering university in the field... that currently also has the #1 Game Development curriculum in the US  Thumbsup

Children
  • Lol. I would play Pong with my little sister all the time. We would also play it and other games anytime we went to when we went to Pizza Hut, Show Biz Pizza, Chuck E. Cheese or a pizza chain with a medieval theme whose name I cannot remember. It was so awesome back in the day to find arcade machines just about everywhere:  Laundry Mats, Restaurant chains, convenient/ general stores, state fairs, and of course the classic walk-in Arcades, a kid's version of Las Vegas. Good Times!