The Game That Made You Want an iPad is Now on PC!!!

What was the first game you downloaded IF you got an iOS device shortly after 2008? I remember being jealous of iOS users because of a specific game. Although I'm an AVID Android fan, always have been always will be, the iPad has always been a staple in my electronics inventory. When I traded Microsoft Office in 2010 for an iPad, the game I was a bit FOMO about, was the first game I installed. This particular game... in my opinion allowed the world to see mobile gaming as a viable platform to arguably compete with consoles and PC while providing a unique gameplay experience the PC nor consoles couldn't replicate... at the time.

Do you know the game I'm speaking of?

Infinity Blade!

Available on Windows, Linux/MacOs with WINE, and Steam Deck with Proton.

This port features upgraded textures, graphics, and various optimizations for PC such as keybinds, audio sliders, file management, and more. Enjoy Infinity Blade 14 years after it first came out!

The following has been taken from Infinity Blade Studios post about it.

Disclaimer 

• The source code has been publicly available for 10 years now.

• The game has been made impossible to officially obtain for 5/6 years now.

• We have never shared or redistributed the source code, just the cooked files which is hardly more than what was already available with iOS.

• This is done this for the sake of lost media preservation. Credit is given to the rightful authors, we take no credit and gain nothing from doing this.

With that being said, if you have any further bugs to report do so in this discord. Thanks!

Here is the link to Infinity Blade Studios post https://www.reddit.com/r/infinityblade/comments/1avsqtx/infinity_blade_1_has_been_ported_over_to_pc/

Here is the link to the download: https://archive.org/details/infinity-blade-pc

The video above has the instructions to install, it is at the beginning of the video. I linked the video to start from the most interesting part... gameplay and features.

I admit I haven't tried this... yet. And if you recall, the gameplay was swipe your screen. I'm unsure how this will "play out" on the PC, but for free... why not give it a shot. Will you? What do you think?

• I'll be interested in trying whenever I get a pc. Reminds me of skyrim

• That looks like an interesting game 

• I don't want to disappoint you but it's more like Elder Scrolls: Blades than Skyrim. I would be so bold to say that were it not for Infinity Blade, many other mobile titles wouldn't exist... including The Elder Scrolls: Blades.

At one time ... 2010, Infinity Blade was revolutionary. If it were released today in 2024 it would be thought of as merely an interesting tech demo or proof of concept. Nevertheless playing this with a gamepad instead of swiping on screen or with gyro could make for some interesting gaming sessions.

• Yeah I remember this game and did buy a ipod touch to play it.

• Ill try it sometime 

• Holy crap! I remember when this came out and playing it for the first time. I didn’t realize it was ported to PC, interesting stuff!  There are several games I miss from the iPhone 5 era of iOS classics. 

• I've heard of this one many years ago but never played.  Unfortunately my iPad is older on an older firmware. Maybe I will upgrade and play this in the future though 

• I was trying to think of what those games were that I enjoyed which Apple eventually pulled, yet for the life of me... I can't remember one of them. What were some of your favorites?

• Offline in reply to Drew

I don't believe you can play any longer. It is my understanding years ago, it was pulled from the App Store. There was talk that it would eventually come to Android but never did. There were "clones" or "Infinity Blade Likes" over the years, The Elder Scrolls: Blades being the best of the "Infinity Blade Likes", with the Incredible Hulk and Captain America games being the absolute WORST!

• The touch screen is so useful, its too bad its not used more for PC games!