Looking Back - Favorite Playstation Console?

With the PS5 release fast approaching, let's take a look back at previous PS systems.

If you could only choose one Playstation... which would you choose?

Once you've got your pick - why? Is it due to the games, the design, the nostalgia, etc?

• I have a soft spot for the PS3 just because it doubled as a heater. Just hearing that jet engine revving up gives me the “chills”

• Probably because of nostalgia, but PS2. Those days were the best days of my life. 

• Wow!  This is an old topic — to make it back to the front page of the forums, again.

For gaming, it's close — but, PS2 (Slim) is the winner.  In general, however, my PS3 changed my whole home entertainment paradigm:

1. My 1st Blu-Ray player
    2. My 1st streaming device — using Netflix's app on optical-disc (anyone else remember that?)
    3. My 1st media center connected to my home theater system
    4. My 1st (and only) PPC/PPC64 OS — Yellow Dog Linux 5 installed on "Other OS"
    5. My 1st (and frequent) DIY repair — teardown and remedy of YLOD (Yellow Light Of Death), optical-drive failure, etc.¹

¹ WHICH WAS YOUR "NEEDIEST" DEVICE — HARDEST TO KEEP WORKING? SOFTWARE FIXES? DIY REPAIR? BLOWING ON GAME CARTRIDGES? (link opens new tab or window)

• PS2, because of the massive game library it had at the time! Lots of classics on that system/era!

• I have to go with the original ps1, classic