The Starfield Discourse

I'm absolutely loving my time with Starfield. There's not enough time in the day to truly get in and get my fill of this incredibly vast game. I am finding that it is scratching the same itch I felt with Skyrim, Fallout NV, Fallout 3, Oblivion & Morrowind before that. I feel that a Bethesda RPG just does something for my imagination that no other western RPGs accomplish. Yet, so much of the games media coverage of this game seems to skew so negative and nit-picky in a way I haven't seen since CyberPunk 2077. Yet, I feel like the game is in such a different state than that was at launch, and that it resembles a Bethesda Game Studios game far more than Cyberpunk did in comparison to the Witcher 3. 

What do y'all think about the way this game is being covered, and do you think it comes from many pundits moving on from this somewhat old-school style of storytelling and role-playing in games to a more checklist, ubisoft-like or Sony cinematic style games? 

I'm curious to hear your thoughts. 

• I can agree that some of the coverage is overly negative however I can a agree that Starfield is not what a lot of people were expecting. I've played for over 50 hours so far and I agree with a lot people that it has a lot of flaws especially with the amount of loading screens, some of the writing choices, the lockpicking, and persuasion. I can say that it has some of the charm that other Bethesda games have but I feel like the flaws that I personally have with it outweighs the charm it has. The main story for the first few hours were personally dreadful to get through but after I got the companion Sam and got to travel wherever I wanted and got to start the factions quests I think it's quite fun now. But if a game makes the first i don't know 10 hours painfully boring I can understand the distaste people have for it. Not everyone has the time to sink 10 hours into a game just for it to become fun. The coverage isn't the best for bias to some degree but I can obviously see why some of it is negative for constructive reasons.

• is the game just like fallout 4 but in space