Digital/Vector art

Replies
    views
    Level 13
    @DoctorEldritch I don't know much about art, but it looks cool, not sure how it would be in poly art, seems difficult. I didn't try to do so, probabaly because I'm not into these type of arts as much. But if you do like them, go ahead and try to do so. Poly art works with anything.
    If you're still not sure where to start, I recommend you look at some existing polyarts anywhere, if you like it's outcome, then probably do one in that catgeory.
    I actually was inspired by a reindeer polart to make this eagle. The reason why I choose to do an animal.
    The buildings you sent look cool, but very difficult as well to do as a poly art, at least I see it so. If you can see the outcome in your mind, then try it. It doesn't always look as you intend it to. But with experience you learn.
    @Elixor That's nice to hear, glad you're interested.
    Community Manager
    @AviationGamerX if I find a good example I may. I like that style, and I liked how they used it in Transistor:

But I need to try and find something easy to draw in this style, it can be quite difficult. The house I showed was more to say that there are colorful buildings out there to try, but I would not use it for the first attempt, at least.
    Level 13
    @DoctorEldritch this is actually a very interesting type of art, could be done a similar way to low poly art, but might be a bit more difficult. I'm kind of curious how it would look. If u ever get the chance to make one, whatever the art is, be more than welcome to post it here
    Community Manager
    @AviationGamerX For sure! I am looking for a subject now. I like Van Gogh's landscapes, but they are too hard to do in this style. So I am looking into some photos of Cinque Terre in Italy:

Name:  cinqueterreuntitled-.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  103.2 KB

Though that is also hard. It is somehow hard to find something that I like personally, but that would also be easier to do in this style...
    Level 13
    @DoctorEldritch Nice. Good luck. But best tip I can give to you, is to start easy, you shouldn't jump into a hard and time consuming one unless you started with a simple one.

For instance, I made a quick polyart that took less than an hour, which I started since my last reply. Just a simple proof of concept. It's always best to keep it simple, and nice. It isn't as good as I expected, but it's good enough, which is good, as long as you did it, you have gained some experience, the eagle was much easier, and I took my time on it, still stands as my best one.

Original:

Name:  bird-7250680_1920.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  83.0 KB

Quick low poly:

Name:  bird poly.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  65.2 KB

It can still use the same background or some colorful background. Or even be used as a logo if you added a few circles behind it. Animals or people are generally easy to do, so maybe start with anything easy to do. But if you don't want to waste more time, just go ahead and do one of these Italian houses. Good luck either way!