Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Name:  the witcher.jpg
Views: 4624
Size:  26.1 KB

Hi everyone!!

Your hunt begins...

The day is finally here! The Witcher: Monster Slayer, was released today, July 21st 2021 and it's already available to download on both Android and iOS. We couldn't wait a second longer and decided to leave the safety of the Legion headquarters and venture outside to go on our very own quest.

Before we embark on the retelling of our adventures, take a look at the release day trailer, so you can get as hyped as we were:

The Witcher: Monster Slayer is an augmented reality (AR) game, where you will encarnate hunt horrible creatures all over the Continent. The game is set in The Witcher universe and if you haven't heard about it (where have you been?), there's video games, a card game, and even an acclaimed Netflix series based on the books written by polish author Andrzej Sapkowski.

Let's take a look at the game:

The game was supposed to be available at 10 am, UK time, however, I wasn't able to play until 3 pm in the afternoon, when it finally became available
    . After I downloaded and started walking in my neighborhood, at a VERY slow pace, I got this: 😂💀
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TheWitcherMonsterSlayerReview.jpg 
Views:	1669 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	1946

Remember kids, don't hunt monsters and drive. Then, I met this guy:

Name:	MonsterSlayerOpinions.jpg 
Views:	1566 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	1947

As you can see, the Witcher is very similar to Pokémon GO: it's an augmented reality game and you are looking for monsters, but instead of trying to catch them, you need to slay them.

From the very start I was happy to see I could use different weapons: a reliable sword, bombs, oil and potions. When you select a monster, it tells you its vulnerabilities, so you can choose the correct arsenal to fight it, so I can already see myself walking all around London looking for ingredients to kill particularly difficult or "exotic"monsters.

After a quick and clumsy fight with my first monster, who was nice enough to die after just a few hits, this guy showed up. He is my mentor and he told if I wanted to to practice or to take the exam to become a Witcher right away:

Name:	MonsterSlayerTrainer.jpg 
Views:	1611 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	1948

I chose to practice, which is basically a tutorial that I totally recommend you to do, so don't skip it, it takes a few minutes to complete. You learn how to attack and how to protect yourself, and how to use spells!!

Name:	TheWitcherMonsterSlayerTutorial.jpg 
Views:	1676 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	1949

Then I was ready to take the test, so I killed another monster and my mentor told me I was ready to go! Then, I was given the Kaer Morhen Steel Sword for downloading the game early!

Name:	KaerMorhenSteelSword.jpg 
Views:	4474 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	1950

Monster Slayer, I like you already!! Man, I'm a sucker for a good freebie. Then, I discover another GREAT thing about the game. There's a story! One of the things I didn't like about Pokémon GO, it's that it lacked a narrative, but when I was thinking that Monster Slayer was going to make the same mistake, this guy appeared:

That was the beginning of my quest: you are encouraged to go to certain places and fight certain monsters, a very nice and strong feature for an AR game, in my humble opinion.

So, here's my opinion about The Witcher, Monster Slayer so far: it's a fun game, I loved the fights because there are quite intuitive, and you can use a combination of spells, bombs and your swords to kill the monsters. The game ran smoothly during my first session and really liked that the creatures dropped things, so you can grow your inventory for free from there.

Other interesting details about The Witcher Monster Slayers: at moment of writing this post, there are 128 different monsters in the game, all with their own difficulty levels and vulnerabilities. Other exciting feature I'll be checking tonight is that the monsters that show up during the day differ from the ones that show up at night!! So, expect vampires and specters during the twilight hours.

The music is good and the graphics are great! So, yes! Go and toss a coin to your Witcher, sorry, go and download the game!

To download the game for iOS: click here
    To download the game for Android: click here

What do you guys think of the game so far? Are you going to play it? Let me know in the comments!! 👇

P.S: Check this post by
    @Elixor, where we can share our Witcher IDs and play together. 😉
    → Gana un ordenador Legion, participa aquí
    → ¿Aún no te has registrado?>Hazlo aquí 🤗
  • 13 Replies

Level 28
    I downloaded it earlier today but the platform was under maintenance... I can only imagine a room full of people debugging a few lines of codes just minutes after the release!!!

Its easy to play and I quite like the AR options!!

I hope it gets all the attention of Pokémon GO!

I'll give it two thumbs up!!!
    Community Manager
    @CB84 that's exactly how I pictured it in my head too 🤣🤣 poor developers, they must be exhausted right now.

I also hope it gets as much attention as Pokémon GO! Let's bring back the fun times of summer 2016 😎

Thanks for sharing your experience with us!
    Head of Community
    Awesome, I'm downloading this today and will try it out soon! Looks fun 😎 Maybe it will help me go out a bit more often too 😄
    Community Manager
    Nice review!
    I'm really enjoying the game so far but I need to explore a lot (like potion making).
    I still can't kill the mid level monsters.... I can only fight the easy ones. I'm too weak at the moment

Does this happen to you guys?
    Community Manager
    @Marion it did motivate me to go for a walk yesterday, however, it was way too hot 🔥 and I had to head back home almost immediately! 😆

Community Manager
    @SiwyPl I'll add you, I'm Alayne in the game 😉
    Level 7
    @LilySensei (Paty) LOL dont play while driving!
    WE ARE LEGION! HACK THE PLANET!
    "WAR DOES NOT DETERMINE WHO IS RIGHT...BUT WHO IS LEFT"