views
    Level 52
    I prefer the pc gaming than laptop becous its
    Better in terms of cooling and temperatures and its cheeper

but sum people prefer the laptop becous itse ez than pc

to move and
  • 9 Replies

Level 26
    laptop surely I can carry it wherever i go and it don't require much space as pc
    Community Manager
    @muhmaed50913333 When I was a student and working afterward, I used to travel a lot, so a laptop was better for me. Now I stay mostly in one place, but I still have a laptop. I am thinking about a tower PC though, the next PC I et will probably be that one.
    Level 52
    For the same price, a desktop PC will always be more powerful and don't be fooled by the name of mobile GPUs, even though it's the same as a desktop GPU, the latter is more powerful. So in terms of performance, a desktop PC will always win. And don't forget the customization and the comfort of a desktop gaming PC, a bigger screen of your choice, same thing with peripherals, and you can upgrade the tower as you like, want to change a CPU or GPU ? No problem, you want to change RAM ? Same thing and there is 0 chance to found soldered RAM sticks or storage.
    A gaming laptop will mainly have a say in two categories, on the one hand and obviously portability even if in some cases some gaming laptops will weigh something around 5 kg, in this case, we will speak more of a transportable computer than a laptop, and on the other hand in the event that you run out of space on your desk, even if there are alternatives for a mini desktop pc, but let's be honest a laptop will always be cleaner on your desk
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Level 25
    For the same price, a desktop PC will always be more powerful and don't be fooled by the name of mobile GPUs, even though it's the same as a desktop GPU, the latter is more powerful. So in terms of performance, a desktop PC will always win. And don't forget the customization and the comfort of a desktop gaming PC, a bigger screen of your choice, same thing with peripherals, and you can upgrade the tower as you like, want to change a CPU or GPU ? No problem, you want to change RAM ? Same thing and there is 0 chance to found soldered RAM sticks or storage.
    A gaming laptop will mainly have a say in two categories, on the one hand and obviously portability even if in some cases some gaming laptops will weigh something around 5 kg, in this case, we will speak more of a transportable computer than a laptop, and on the other hand in the event that you run out of space on your desk, even if there are alternatives for a mini desktop pc, but let's be honest a laptop will always be cleaner on your desk
    Well explained 👏

- - - Updated - - -

but laptops are more functional if u aren't a hardcore gamer
    Let's light it up!
    Level 10
    for me its 100% laptop working from my bed in winter better than apowerfull pc :) :)

세상에서 보고싶은 변화가 있다면 당신 스스로 그 변화가 되어라

Level 52
    @GoLLuM13 hit the nail on the head.

In my opinion, laptops have their niche, and the desktop has its own. You can be very stubborn and put a full tower in a suitcase, but it won't be a comfortable way of traveling. 😆

About the space on the desk... I think that can be sorted out with enough creativity nowadays. Monitors can be mounted on the wall, the case somewhere under the desk or maybe an ITX shoebox on the desk. So I think rarely it's a matter of "no space on the desk for a pc" when a laptop would fit. But laptops have undeniable portability, which for some users is the most important feature.

As for the question in the topic... for pure gaming... I'd pick desktop all the way myself. If I had enough funds I'd just get a laptop for when I need to be mobile or a Steam Deck for playing in the bed. Of course, for now that's just wishful thinking. 😆
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch I think this is the best of all, and this is what determines whether you want to use a laptop or pc

- - - Updated - - -
    @GoLLuM13 I agree with you, of course
    but there are those who travel a lot and in that case the laptop will be more important to him
    and if he does not travel a lot then the pc is better stronger and cheaper than the laptop
    Level 52
    @muhmaed50913333 Yes of course, traveling or even working in multiple places, that's why I mentioned transportability, but I added a nuance, heavy gaming laptops that are not easy to transport, this way people should choose wisely
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<