Scariest video game ever? 😱

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone!

As you guys surely know, Resident Evil 8: Village finally saw the light last Friday, after a months of anticipation and many, many trailers and teasers.

I played it over the weekend and I really liked it: it honours its predecessors with a good story, interesting characters, great graphics and hours of good entertainment and a couple of good, classic scares. Of course, I had the brilliant idea to play it in the early hours of the morning, so the experience was even more terrifying: Lady Dimitrescu, her daughters and the crazy lady in the village were able to scare the hell out of me in a number of occasions.

Name:  Resident Evil 8  (1).jpeg
Views: 3213
Size:  470.5 KB

However, the game hasn't been -I haven't finished it- as scary as I thought it was going to be. Silent Hill 2 and 4 by Konami, and Resident Evil 7 still hold the crown for the scariest games I've ever played: I still freak out when I visit a hospital at night -who remembers the round hospital level in Silent Hill 4? 😑- and one of my biggest fears is to be trapped in my own flat -also thanks to Silent Hill 4: The Room.

Name:  silent hill the room.jpeg
Views: 3381
Size:  102.7 KB

There is no doubt that many of us love the survival horror, so ladies and gentlemen, I wanted to ask you:

Which is the scariest game you have ever played? Or the one that gave you the hardest time? Do you guys like horror games or prefer other genres?

Let me know in the comments!
    (Thanks to @Edupardo for the idea for this post)
    → Gana un ordenador Legion, participa aquí
    → ¿Aún no te has registrado?>Hazlo aquí 🤗
  • 25 Replies

Level 1
    Silent hill, I was a child...
    Community Manager
    @Ivgoca same here, now I've come to think about, I strongly believe I shouldn't have been playing it in the first place 😅
    Level 28
    Resident Evil 7, definitely! and Alien: Isolation

Name:  residentevil7.jpg
Views: 1539
Size:  135.4 KB
    Level 52
    Resident Evil 7, definitely! and Alien: Isolation

Name:  residentevil7.jpg
Views: 1539
Size:  135.4 KB

So many people share the same feeling towards Resident Evil 7 - I've heard it from so many people already 👻
    My farewell mesage 🌟: in English - in Arabic
    Your new MEA Community Manager is @UnapologeticDino!
    Level 52
    The first scary game ever for me was Silent Hill. The nurses always freaked me out and when I had to go to a clinic or Doctor in my younger years I always imagined the nurses would chase me around with long nasty syringes. 😂

Name:  silent-hill-nurse.jpg
Views: 921
Size:  83.3 KB
    Community Manager
    @RudiVermeulen Silent Hill affected so many of our doctor appointments!!! 😂which Silent Hill did you play? Is that a nurse from Silent Hill 4, right?
    Level 52
    @RudiVermeulen Silent Hill affected so many of our doctor appointments!!! 😂which Silent Hill did you play? Is that a nurse from Silent Hill 4?
    @Paty. I've played basically all releases. I liked the storyline and actually hope they will continue making more. Yes, the nurse is from Silent Hill 4 and gives me the creeps 😆😶
    Community Manager
    @RudiVermeulen she did look familiar! I hated that level! 🤣I have to give it to Konami, they DO know how to terrify you.

You are totally right, the storylines are key to the success of the Silent Hills, I remember that in "The Room" you didn't know why you were locked inside the apartment and you got all these clues about Walter's past while playing and that made me keep going, I wanted to know the true!!

Btw, I just realised our Italian CM is called @Walter 😆he's got some explanation to do!

Name:  walter.png
Views: 1256
Size:  305.6 KB
    Level 52
    @Paty. HAHA!! @Walter sure has a lot to explain😁. Maybe he would know what's brewing next. Silent Hill is like Twin Peaks, a town of sullen diners, abandoned amusement parks and sinister gothic lodges and I like exploring eerie places. This is one of the things which pulled me closer to the game. From the inexplicable sobbing of an unseen child in a blood-stained school hall to the loud rattling of an invisible "something" underneath the floorboards that you're standing on, the game never sinks into predictability. Imagine all of this while never quite being able to see past arm's length into the darkness in real life. 😫