Gaming News: what's happening this week 🎮

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Ladies and gents, welcome to the first edition of our weekly newsletter!!! We haven't named it yet (we are taking suggestions, so please feel free to leave any idea in the comments 🤗). The goal behind the bulletin is to bring you a summary of the most interesting or fun news of the week. Without further ado, the news:

Name:  nuevosmandosdeplaystation5.jpeg
Views: 3704
Size:  78.2 KB

PlayStation announces the sale of two new DualSense wireless controllers:

If you're still waiting for your PS5,
    maybe these news won't excite you as much, but if you're one of those lucky enough to be enjoying Sony's powerful console already, I think you'll love it: yesterday they announced the sale of their new DualSense controllers, in two brand new colours: Cosmic Red and Midnight Black, available in most regions from next month.

Which colour do you like best?

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition takes the"best-selling game on Steam" crown from Resident Evil 8: Village

It was no surprise to anyone that the best-selling game everywhere last week happened to be Resident Evil: Village, as Capcom's survival horror titan is well-beloved among gamers, but what has taken us by surprise is how quickly it lost its top-selling spot on Steam, all thanks to the upcoming Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, out this May 14.

If you want to check out the game - a pretty cool RPG and a classic of the genre, here's the trailer:

The Legendary Edition is not a new game of the series, but a remastering of the original trilogy. Here's what the folks at EA have to say about its release:

"Revive the cinematic saga in stunning 4K, with improvements to visual effects, textures and models. Includes modern graphical enhancements, updated user interface and much more".

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition launches on May 14 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

Lady Dimitrescu appears in an advert for Domino's Pizza in Malaysia:

As you might know -if you have visited the forum during the last few weeks-, here in the community we love Lady Dimitrescu, the sexy villain from Resident Evil 8, but we never imagined that her popularity was such that she was going to end up in a pizza advert!!

In this tweet, posted by the official Domino's Pizza account in Malaysia, we see Lady Dimitrescu with a pepperoni pizza:

My first impression was that the marketing team in Malaysia had gone a bit overboard, but come to think of it, what gamer hasn't ordered a pizza - or two, or three - during a long gaming session? 🤔😆

God of War: Ragnarok rumoured to be delayed for 2022 😪

If you've been in the community since the beginning, you know that Kratos was on our "Best Video Game Dads" list, so naturally, we're looking forward to the God of War sequel, since we loved the first installment.

Name:  kratogoogdaddy (1).jpeg
Views: 442
Size:  91.5 KB

However, even though Ragnarok was announced for 2021 last fall, we still don't have a release date and it looks like we won't be able to play it until 2022. But you can count on team Legion, we'll be keeping an eye out for further announcements from Guerrilla Games to keep you posted.

Do you dream of becoming a game developer? You still have a chance to learn with Nintendo:

On May 6th, Nintendo announced that from 11 June, the little and not-so-little ones can learn to develop games with "Game Building Garage", a game available on Nintendo Switch.
    Here's the trailer, which looks pretty cute:

In the Japanese giant's own words:

"Learn the basics of programming step-by-step in a fun and interactive way, then apply the knowledge to create your own games and share them with the world."

I think this is a great idea, when I watched the trailer I asked myself how many of us would be developers if we had stuff like this growing up? 🤔
    What do you think? Are you planning to buy it for you or for your little one? 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦

Did you like the bulletin?? Which news or trivia did you find most interesting? Let us know in the comments. 🤗
    Last edited by MoriMoonpaw; 14-05-21 at 15:22.
    → Gana un ordenador Legion, participa aquí
    → ¿Aún no te has registrado?>Hazlo aquí 🤗
  • 11 Replies

Head of Community
    I'm one of those still waiting for my PS5. But the Cosmic Red controller 😍 No actually, the Midnight Black!! Can't decide, but I want it.

I'm also one of those who got the Mass Effect Legendary Edition on Steam! 😊 My weekend is sorted with that as well as RE8.
    Level 23
    Black on black or black on red are my favorite color combinations things and Sony goes and releases these knowing they only have a white console😭
    hope the 5 pro or slim comes out in black and in time for the new god of war😪
    Community Manager
    @Marion 😈you should get... both controllers hehehe 😈

Sounds like a perfect weekend to me, and with all the we are having, even more perfect!
    Community Manager
    @Haffejeeeee they should make a matching console, right? 🤔it could be a special edition or something.

I can see I am not the only one sad about the release of God of War 😪fingers crossed they release it in early 2022, instead of later!
    Level 28
    Those controllers look amazing, but I'll stick to my gaming PC 😆the pizza ad is incredible, but I'm so disappointed because only the Domino's in Malaysia did it! the rest of the countries need to step up!
    Level 23
    @Paty If they stick to the white only consoles i think i'll try designing a Mmiles Morales type of theme for it
    Community Manager
    @Haffejeeeee like a skin? 🤔That would be awesome! And then you get the controller

Community Manager
    @CB84. they definitely do! Lady Dimitrescu sure can bring lots of sales (but I do wonder what non-gamers would make of it 😅)