Mass Effect: Legendary Edition Game Discussion

Replies
    views
    Head of Community
    Name:  MELE01b.jpg
Views: 1291
Size:  67.1 KB

Hey guys,

There's lots of things that make today awesome, but one of the main things for me is that Mass Effect: Legendary Edition is now available!!! 😁 I've been super excited for this and can't wait to revisit the ME universe again after so long. What about you?

Mass Effect:
    Experience an amazingly rich and detailed universe where your decisions have profound consequences on the action and the outcome. Heart-pounding action meets gripping interactive storytelling where you decide how your unique story unfolds.

Experience the legend of Shepard: create and customize your own character, from appearance and skills to a personalized arsenal then lead your elite recon squad across a galaxy in turmoil.

Your choices seamlessly travel from one game to the next. Each decision you make will control the outcome of every mission, every relationship, every battle – and even the fate of the galaxy itself.

(See more on official game site)

Official remastered comparison trailer:

What's in it?
    It has the whole trilogy of the main Mass Effect installations:
    1. Mass Effect
    2. Mass Effect 2
    3. Mass Effect 3

It also includes the DLC bits and pieces too - over 40 DLC from all 3 games!

What are the improvements?
    In addition to just including all 3 games + DLC remastered (4K Ultra HD!!), the game has various other improvements too! I watched a great video just now on YouTube that talks about the 10 greatest changes - I'll list them here (all credit to the video author! 🙏) and the video embedded below too for more detail!

1. Option to skip elevator rides (did those frustrate you too?)
    2. Better controls esp compared to ME1 including improved cover mechanics and aiming
    3. HUD improvements! ME1 HUD overhall brings it closer to the newer installations
    4. Faster cooldowns
    5. Unlocked weapon proficiency - any class can use any weapon right from the start
    6. Individual squad orders
    7. Various improvements to the Mako, such as easier to control, moving while repairing, no insta-death when touching lava
    8. Default FemShep from ME3 (canon) is now the default for ME1&2 too
    9. No more multiplayer from ME3; galactic readiness system has been rebalanced
    10. Rebalanced XP and level scaling for ME1 - new level scaling mode added

Show video

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MELE02b.jpg 
Views:	974 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	1137Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MELE03b.jpg 
Views:	1084 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	1138Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MELE04b.jpg 
Views:	980 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	1139Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MELE05b.jpg 
Views:	1016 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	1140
    (Photos from official ME game site)

Also, there are new Shepard customisations including hair and makeup, eye colour and skin tones, and other gameplay improvements to e.g. sound and gameplay cameras.

Are you getting the game? Big Mass Effect fan? What's the most exciting improvement? Let me know 👇 😎
  • 7 Replies

Head of Community
    Minimum and recommended PC system requirements:

Minimum Recommended
    OS 64-bit Windows 10 64-bit Windows 10
    CPU: Intel Core i5 3570 or AMD FX-8350 Intel Core i7-7700 or AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    RAM: 8 GB System Memory 16 GB System Memory
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX 760, AMD Radeon 7970 / R9280X NVIDIA GTX 1070, AMD Radeon Vega 56.
    GPU RAM: 2 GB Video Memory 4 GB Video Memory
    HARD DRIVE: At least 120 GB of free space At least 120 GB of free space
    DIRECTX: DirectX 11 DirectX 11
    Community Manager
    @Marion how did I miss this beauty?? 😯looks brilliant!
    → Gana un ordenador Legion, participa aquí
    → ¿Aún no te has registrado?>Hazlo aquí 🤗
    Level 5
    I'm currently playing it on my Xbox One and will try to stream it to my phone later today. Interesting to see if it plays it. =)
    "To be or not to be...that's the s...!"
    Head of Community
    I'm currently playing it on my Xbox One and will try to stream it to my phone later today. Interesting to see if it plays it. =)

Ah interesting! Let us know how it goes!
    Level 5
    Ok, update:

I used Xbox Remote Play to stream from my Xbox One to my Legion Phone Duel and played Mass Effect Legendary Edition on it for 30 minutes. I used Razer Kishi as a controller and had no Bluetooth on. Battery went from 100% to 90%, the phone never got heated and the game was running well. The colours were warm and sharp (not quite sure how to explain it in English) and looked even better than on my TV but it could be because of the smaller screen that compresses the image more.

My conclusion is that it's a bloody amazing gaming phone!! I just wish I had waited about 2 months and gotten the Legion Phone Duel 2. Imagine how impressed I would be by that one.

Well done Lenovo, I give this phone 5 out of 5 for gaming.
    Head of Community
    Nice one @pleximus! 👍 Awesome to hear about your positive gaming experience on the Legion Phone Duel, thanks for coming back to post more about it.

Which one did you play, was it Mass Effect 1 from the Legendary Ed? I got this edition myself too and been playing ME1 for about 5 hours so far I think in total. So nostalgic as I played many years ago. Now just need to find the time to progress more in the game. I tend to go slow as I explore everything and need to talk to everyone as I realised it gives XP sometimes. 🤣
    Level 5
    @Marion

Yeah, I'm just like you in that I like to take my time and enjoy the game. I was playing ME3 LE Leviathan dlc and it worked like a charm. Really really happy about how well it ran.
    Last edited by pleximus; 24-06-21 at 14:51. Reason: Spelling