My friend reviewed the Legion Y44w and it is..... </ eom>

Replies
    views
    Level 12
    shucks, I'm generally not envious of other people, but when my buddy Jeffrey got his hands on a Legion Y44w monitor and did a review on it, I have to admit that my envy-juices started flowing..

warning: mature content of extremely sexy display found in this review
    https://jdhitsolutions.com/blog/hard...tra-wide-life/

What do you think? isn't that just a beaut or what?
    Frozen consulting manager in the north.. loves gaming, writing code and wearing shorts in -5c
  • 8 Replies

Level 29
    @AirBnBacon wow, I have to say I have been so tempted for a long time and seeing the photos with the music sheets make complete sense (also I don't play an instrument but still want it haha)

Because I use 2 screens for work at the moment, do you know if it's possible to split the screen in half to have 2 desktops? (Sound silly but I like having a separation between my windows when I work on 2 different things).

I like this part of the article "I also found it harder sometimes to figure out where my cursor was. But this might just be me getting old." 🤣
    Level 12
    @Elixor yes, we have a discussion going about exactly just that - splitting the screen into two separate desktops - also on playing one "window/desktop" in fullscreen mode.. it's possible to do for sure.
    Frozen consulting manager in the north.. loves gaming, writing code and wearing shorts in -5c
    Level 29
    Awesome news, as I would like to have OBS for example on one side and my stream on the other side for example.

Although the point really is to play in proper full screen and use the whole screen 😅
    Level 12
    Awesome news, as I would like to have OBS for example on one side and my stream on the other side for example.

Although the point really is to play in proper full screen and use the whole screen 😅

yeah, i honestly wouldn't play screen-in-screen on any game to be honest. but still, the Y44w looks amazing!!
    Level 52
    @AirBnBacon

Looks A M A Z I N G!!!

I really like the structure and how he started with "For many years, I happily lived with 2 monitors." and then how he added all these images of him unboxing it!

Is your friend also a member of the Legion Community? 😍
    My farewell mesage 🌟: in English - in Arabic
    Your new MEA Community Manager is @UnapologeticDino!
    Head of Community
    @AirBnBacon OMG amazing monitor and amazing review, thanks for sharing it with us! Based on my own gaming preferences, the first thing that came to mind is I'd love to see what World of Warcraft would be like played on this monitor? 😅😍 I saw from the comments below the review that he's not a gamer though but if he was, that would be the first thing I'd ask 😅

@Elixor Occasionally I lose track of my cursor too and I'm just using a basic 27 inch monitor lol

Guys, which game would you try first with this monitor if you had it yourself? 😄
    Last edited by MoriMoonpaw; 10-06-21 at 16:16.
    Community Manager
    @AirBnBacon that's one stunning monitor!!!! Now my 15" laptop is looking rather sad and tiny...

I think we all have added it to our wishlist!!! 🤣 Are you planning on getting it as well?
    → Gana un ordenador Legion, participa aquí
    → ¿Aún no te has registrado?>Hazlo aquí 🤗
    Level 12
    @AirBnBacon that's one stunning monitor!!!! Now my 15" laptop is looking rather sad and tiny...

I think we all have added it to our wishlist!!! 🤣 Are you planning on getting it as well?

I'm waiting for my "budget" to reset then will get one through work i suspect 😁

- - - Updated - - -

@AirBnBacon

Looks A M A Z I N G!!!

I really like the structure and how he started with "For many years, I happily lived with 2 monitors." and then how he added all these images of him unboxing it!

Is your friend also a member of the Legion Community? 😍

Nopes - he is however part of the Lenovo INSiders group that I am also part of..

- - - Updated - - -

@AirBnBacon OMG amazing monitor and amazing review, thanks for sharing it with us! Based on my own gaming preferences, the first thing that came to mind is I'd love to see what World of Warcraft would be like played on this monitor? 😅😍 I saw from the comments below the review that he's not a gamer though but if he was, that would be the first thing I'd ask 😅

@Elixor Occasionally I lose track of my cursor too and I'm just using a basic 27 inch monitor lol

Guys, which game would you try first with this monitor if you had it yourself? 😄

I would still play my favourite game of all time on this monitor - Escape from Tarkov 😁