The Ultimate Gaming Setup: Tips and Tricks

Replies
    views
    Level 3
    Hey gamers!
    Are you tired of playing on a subpar setup? Are you ready to take your gaming experience to the next level? Look no further! In this post, we'll be sharing some tips and tricks to help you create the ultimate gaming setup.

1. Invest in a high-quality gaming monitor: A good monitor is essential for a great gaming experience. Look for a monitor with a high refresh rate, low response time, and a resolution that suits your needs.
    2. Upgrade your graphics card: A powerful graphics card is crucial for running games at high settings and achieving smooth frame rates. Do your research and find a card that fits your budget and performance needs.
    3. Get a comfortable gaming chair: Gaming can be a long and intense activity, so it's important to have a comfortable chair to sit in. Look for a chair with good lumbar support and adjustable features.
    4. Improve your sound setup: Sound can make a huge difference in your gaming experience. Consider investing in a high-quality headset or speakers to enhance your immersion.
    5. Organize your cables: Messy cables can be distracting and even hazardous. Take some time to organize your cables and keep them out of sight.
    6. Personalize your setup: Make your setup unique to you by adding personal touches such as LED lights, posters, or figurines.

By following these tips and tricks, you can create the ultimate gaming setup and take your gaming experience to the next level. Happy gaming!
  • 10 Replies

Level 32
    its not that easy😂😂

You're never wrong to do the right thing
    Community Manager
    @Juliaalaxandar I think that maybe what @gohan means is that, rather than "not that easy", it is more along the lines of "not that cheap". Graphics cards alone cost a fortune these days... 🤑
    Level 32
    @Juliaalaxandar I think that maybe what @gohan means is that, rather than "not that easy", it is more along the lines of "not that cheap". Graphics cards alone cost a fortune these days... 🤑
    @DoctorEldritch exactly.

for example ,comfortable gaming chair will cost over 15k L.E , thats equivalent to paying rent for 2 bedrooms apartment for 7 months 😁😁

Community Manager
    @gohan oh my... That sum is no joke.

But, nothing is too luxurious for the buttocks, I say.
    Level 32
    Name:  Fls.gif
Views: 41
Size:  774.3 KB

Level 52
    Upgrading a setup is so expensive these days. I think also it depends on where you find yourself in the world.

In SA graphic card prices are so inflated and unaffordable. I can easily buy 3 decent monitors for the price of one graphics card or a nice 65" tv for the same price. 😂
    Level 17
    Upgrading a setup is so expensive these days. I think also it depends on where you find yourself in the world.

In SA graphic card prices are so inflated and unaffordable. I can easily buy 3 decent monitors for the price of one graphics card or a nice 65" tv for the same price. 😂
    same in egypt
    it is really hard now to buy latest generation cpu or gpu
    Level 52
    I think, most important things are ergonomics, the rest is secondary.

I would suggest that people invest in a decent chair (it doesn't have to be a gaming chair, and if you don't mind being a little adventurous, it could be a second hand office chair. Sometimes companies decide to close some offices and sell the equipment on the cheap). Then, the next step would be taking a look at where the peripherals are located. Is the monitor located properly? The upper edge should be around the level of your eyes, else you risk neck strain. If the monitor doesn't have an adjustable stand, you can put something under it. Some people use monitor shelves as storace space too. There are some affordable monitor arms on the market too, so this is an option to pursue as well, as long as the monitor supports VESA mount (which is fairly standard nowadays).

The wrists should be kept rather straight in gaming. When I browse internet, I push my keyboard towards the middle to allow two handed typing, but when I game I only have my left hand resting on it. These little things matter, especially if your wrists are weakened due to past injuries.

Don't keep your arms hanging in the air, it puts a lot of burden on the upper back. If your chair has no arm support, then try putting the keyboard bit farther in and having the arms on the table. It's not ideal, but better than the alternative.

I agree that unfortunately, a lot of the tips and tricks from the original list are for people with fat wallets. Not easy to do in the current state of the economy with raging inflation and people struggling to make the ends meet.
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate