Join us in Wrath of the Lich King Classic #GameTogether (Fri 23 September)

Replies
    views
    Level 31
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Hi everyone!

We'll be playing World of Warcraft Classic (Wrath of the Lich King) on Friday 23rd September.

If World of Warcraft is new game to you, you can read more about it here. Check WotLK webpage here: World of Warcraft®: Wrath of the Lich King® Classic™ (blizzard.com)

Tirion Fordring: Have you learned nothing, boy?
    Darion Mograine: I want to fight! I can sit idle no longer!

When do we meet?
    Friday 23rd September at 18:00 CEST (that's 19:00 FI time, 18:00 DK/NO/SE time and 17:00 UK time).

Where?
    Most of us have just began their Classic journey, so it is not too late to join us! Blizzard has opened up two fresh EU realms in Classic: Giantstalker (Normal) and Thekal (PVP). Idea of fresh realms is that everyone will explore the game from the start, no character boosts or character transfers from other realms are possible. This is why this game night will be extremely interesting! Instead of running Dungeons or queuing Skirmish Battlegrounds on Retail filled by experienced players, we are going to group up and quest together on WotLK Classic fresh realm! You will also gain 50% more XP while playing there.

We will be playing Horde on Giantstalker (Normal).

Mal'Ganis: Your journey has just begun, young prince.
    Uther Lightbringer: You are not my king yet, boy.

What do you need to join in?
    You will need an active subscription in World of Warcraft in order to be able to play WotLK Classic. Don't worry, as we do have screenshot competition for Nordic users going on here in the Forums! You can win 60 days of free gametime for World of Warcraft by just submitting a nice screenshot which fits the weekly theme. No one wins twice, so you got a real chance! You can take screenshots even as Free Trial Player on Retail, so go and create your Battle.net account asap. You are able to play free of charge up to level 20!

So get yourself in Azeroth and lets have some fun!

Jaina Proudmoore: I can't watch you do this.
    Yogg-Saron: Give in to your fear.

How to register to join?
    Just drop a reply in this topic to let us know you're interested. This is organized by the Nordic community, but the meetup will be in English, so anyone is welcome to join regardless of country.

Arthas: The blood of your father, of your people...
    Bolvar Forgradon: ... will pay for all the lives you've stolen...

See you in Azeroth! Who's coming? Warcraft Legion, move out! 🙂

King Terenas: My son. The day you were born, the very forests of Lordaeron whispered the name, Arthas. I tell you this, for when my days have come to an end. You, shall be king.

Hey. o/ I'm Liue, gamer with epilepsy from Finland. I'm BBA, Business Information Technology student at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences and been helping out Legion Gaming Community since the creation of this forum, March 2021. I was one of the first members whom joined and never looked back.

For me, accessibility is close to my heart. As world is connected, I wish to develop digital services in a way that more and more people would have a chance to use them on their daily basis, no matter of disabilities.
  • 9 Replies

Level 31
    Hello,

Just letting you know that we are going to play Horde at Jin'do (PVP), a new fresh realm recently announced by Blizzard. It is about 2 weeks younger than Giantstalker (Normal) and Thekal (PVP).

Faction restrictions have been removed from PVP realms, so you are able to create both Horde and the Alliance characters into same realm on Classic.

See you tomorrow!
    Hey. o/ I'm Liue, gamer with epilepsy from Finland. I'm BBA, Business Information Technology student at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences and been helping out Legion Gaming Community since the creation of this forum, March 2021. I was one of the first members whom joined and never looked back.

For me, accessibility is close to my heart. As world is connected, I wish to develop digital services in a way that more and more people would have a chance to use them on their daily basis, no matter of disabilities.
    Head of Community
    See you this evening @Liue! 😎 I'm still thinking of what character to create! Why is it so difficult to choose?? 😄
    Head of Community
    Hey guys thanks for coming for some questing @LilMonsterTii and @Liue!
    And it was nice to catch up with you as well on voice chat @DeviL3591! I'll check out the Muck game you mentioned - the crafting aspect sounded interesting.

I enjoyed getting from level 1 to 5 with my new Blood Elf (and started a Troll too - I might continue that one later when I have more time!). I think we're higher level than you now @Liue hehehe 😄

Having created our Blood Elves separately we still somehow ended up both being Warlocks, and both with the same haircut AND the same hair colour @LilMonsterTii so had to take a screenshot 😅 Look how awesome we look:

Name:  WoWHair_re.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  100.9 KB

And I took another one as I found this spot that looked really nice with the flower bed in the middle of the walkway:
    Name:  Pretty_re.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  94.5 KB

And now I realised I didn't get a photo with Liue 😭 Next time!!!!!!
    Head of Community
    @DeviL3591 What was the other one you mentioned, Warzone? 😄
    Head of Community
    @DeviL3591 It's been so long since I played Warzone I think I've forgotten how to play it 😂 I do remember dying within 30 seconds of joining the game many times - but occasionally I got lucky and then it was very enjoyable!
    Level 14
    @MoriMoonpaw I am never played it before I think we will be good
    Head of Community
    @DeviL3591 Ohhhhhh ok got it, we learn together then 😄 We can see who else is interested in joining, I think we can have a 5-person team (although we can have strangers joining too if we're less than 5 I'm pretty sure).

I'll post a topic about it shortly actually and we'll see if anyone else wants to join for some CoD! 😎

Edit: I was wrong, it's a 4-person team

Edit 2: Here's the thread! 😎 So we don't hijack this WoW topic with CoD stuff lol
    Last edited by MoriMoonpaw; 29-09-22 at 12:43. Reason: added link