Find the Snakes

Replies
    views
    Level 52
    October is a month of Horror, Fear and all-out Creepiness. For some, it's not Ghost and Goblins but something that is physically around or near us lurking and hidden.

It's summer here with us and one of the creatures to watch out for is snakes. Sometimes they are hidden in trees, under rocks or anywhere they can slide their slippery bodies into.

Here is a small challenge. Who is able to find four snakes in the picture? @DoctorEldritch are you up for the challenge?

Here's a clue:

I'm unseen and covered by a leafy mat. I'm like a turtle in his shell with only my Jacobson's organ sticking out to smell. My eyes and fangs may be visible but my body is not until things get hot!!

Name:  FB_IMG_166620778412.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  106.8 KB

@QueenTomato
  • 12 Replies

Community Manager
    @DracoTarot I am afraid my cortisol levels are spiking just from looking at this picture thinking those slithery menaces are there somewhere.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch 😂 no worries and apologies for raising your cortisol levels. If you are unable to find them it's ok! Just having a little fun.
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot I think I can see one, but the fact that there are more scares me.
    Level 27
    I kept staring at a leaf for a straight 5min thinking it was a head of a snake then i noticed the branch ... i think i found 3 snakes i hope they are snakes 🤣 its so confusing
    We Are LEGION
    I Am
    LEGEND
    Level 27
    It's hard man I can't see any of them lol
    A strong man is Strongest alone
    Level 48
    Ooh my poor eyes!! why would you do that @DracoTarot? I need to go see my Oculist😭
    Hardly Adapting...Barely Surviving
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch There are four altogether. I also struggled a lot to spot all of them. I will post a pic for everyone to show where they all are hidden. 🙂

- - - Updated - - -
    @avillio This is a difficult one. I was struggling with this one for a while and eventually found all of them. The snakes in the pic are copperheads and only their heads are visible.

I'm going to upload a pic to show where they are hidden. 😁

- - - Updated - - -
    @DoomGuy No worries Bro! I'll post a pic to show where they are! 😆

- - - Updated - - -
    @M2lobaz 😂😶. You are not the only one who is not seeing the snakes. I also had to look very closely to find them. What makes it hard is the fact there are no bodies and only heads. I'm revealing their location for all to see.
    Level 52
    According to the original poster who has taken this photo there's only one snake. The snake is located right in the centre of the pic and the body is also visible.

This was a test to see if anyone has Pareidolia as I do. It's the tendency to perceive a specific, often meaningful image in a random or ambiguous visual pattern. The scientific explanation for some people is pareidolia, or the human ability to see shapes or make pictures out of randomness or not really there.

The clue was an encouragement to find more snakes than there really are. It also shows how we can be misled by a simple few words to believe something is actually true.

This is what I've seen but my visual perception was fooled and I noticed more than what is actually visible.

Name:  SNAKE.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  108.0 KB
    @DoctorEldritch @avillio @DoomGuy and @M2lobaz thank you for trying and I know this post was a bit sneaky. I just wanted to see how you may interpret this photo. 😊

You've also helped me in my studies. I'm hoping to finish my online psychology course and this was one of the tests they've given me and I failed. 😅
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Actual snake is the one I could spot, did not "see" any heads. It is an interesting test, but the subject matter is debatable. I mean, if I were to see this snake in real life, then my brain would not spend time looking into shapes that may not be there, but would rather be directing me to flee at a maximum safe speed. One snake is plenty scary, no need to look into shapes to see if there are more.