Saka's CI art

Replies
    views
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything yet. A bit surprising it's taking so long, as it was simply a voting-based competition.

In the meanwhile I drew something else for a community I am in. They wanted something new for the logo and this was my suggestion.

Name:  cic art 2.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  71.5 KB

Edit: I see the forum doesn't like transparent pngs. The original has no white background. Oh well.
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    @Saka Aww, this is nice. Does it (he? she?) have a name?

Maybe it is taking some time to count, now being Monday and all. Hopefully you'll hear the results soon.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch I didn't really think of a name, as it was not important in my opinion. I tried to draw a cute representation of a speech processor with its coil.
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    @Saka I am not sure why, but I always think cute mascots have cute names to come with them. If it is a cute representation of a speech processor, then maybe something like "Sprozzi". Italian.

But that's me. You're right, it may not need a name, it is a nice drawing without it.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch The problem is that there are 3 big brands, and I had to try making the drawing as general on purpose to avoid brand wars. There are some smaller brands too, but they have no presence in the West.

But maybe at some point I would have inspiration for a name.

I am not sure if this is the right place to mention it, but I have a rather... peculiar way of thinking. Largely nonverbal. I use sort of labels rather than names in my head. Most of the time, there are pictures rather than words.
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    Oh my, that does sound complicated. Shame when art is constrained by branding, but such is the world we live in. Sad.

But does remind me of yet another Russian pun. It goes like this:

A Summer Olympics is due to happen, and the artist is tasked with drawing up a symbol of the Olympic games. The chief commissioner comes to him to check on his progress.

Comissioner: Well, what do you propose as the symbol?
    Artist: Here, I think this is the best option.
    He shows Nike Logo Swoosh.
    Name:  Logo_NIKE.svg.png
Views: 44
Size:  10.8 KB
    Commissioner: What is this?! Are you insane?! We can't make this a symbol of the Olympic games!
    Artist: Of course, we can!
    Commissioner: You fool, don't you know what it is?!
    Artist: Of course I do, and I see you guessed it too. That's right, it's the Cornucopia!
    Commissioner: What cornucopia?! Are you stupid, don't you know it's Nik-
    Artist: Shush shush shush! Of course, I know what it is! But if you and I make it an Olympic symbol, there will be enough cornucopia for me, you, your grandkids, and the grandkids of your grandkids, trust me!

Maybe someday the world will have more artistic freedom not chained by corporate interests.

I am not sure if this is the right place to mention it, but I have a rather... peculiar way of thinking. Largely nonverbal. I use sort of labels rather than names in my head. Most of the time, there are pictures rather than words.

Do you think it may have to do with your artistic inclinations? You create in the plane of visual arts, so it would be more natural to visualise with pictures?
    Level 52

Do you think it may have to do with your artistic inclinations? You create in the plane of visual arts, so it would be more natural to visualise with pictures?

Maybe! Who knows.

A little bit late, but Med-El has finally posted an update. My design won the contest!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  37.0 KB
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    A little bit late, but Med-El has finally posted an update. My design won the contest!

Congratulations! 🎉🎉🎉
    Community Manager
    @Saka Very well deserved. What will happen now?

Maybe! Who knows.

I meant to ask, do you think that your way of thinking is what is affecting your art as your thoughts are more visual, or in reverse, it was your way of thinking that contributed to your artistic side because you were thinking in shapes before starting to draw. A sort of "chicken or egg" question.

But don't answer that if you'd rather not, the human psyche is so complicated and, as Robert Wright from French Dispatch says, self-reflection is a vice best conducted in private or not at all.

Name:  531ae737-764f-4cdf-beef-b48f341e1814_text.gif
Views: 34
Size:  276.6 KB
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Visualising things is more natural for me, as that is my default action. On the other hand, it can make some stuff more complicated, as I need to be able to visualise something in order to truly understand it. Even if it is a complex maths problem, let's say something with differential equations.
    *delete as appropriate