What's your favourite food/snack? Do you cook? 🍔

Replies
    views
    Level 12
    @AirBnBacon thanks for the tip!! Now I have a new to-do list, love it because I'm always on the look for good coffee (the price of the Yirgacheffee though 😯, I'd have to drink it like once a week to make it work, I drink way too much coffee 😁) and stick with Colombian coffee the rest of the days!

oh most definitely...

Back when i lived in Australia, i had an artisian roaster pretty much just down the road, that sourced and roasted their own beans, including yergacheffe.. it's very hard to find up here in Sweden and the price is astronomical. But, it's an absolute must have for those "simply me" moments where you just want to spend some time with you own head. It's also a very nice coffee to use in combination with a cold drip setup. If you haven't tried that before either (not cold brew, but cold drip) you NEED that in your life!!!

the light flowery flavours, combined with a slight citrus end taste makes it perfect for it.. If you can't get hold of a cold drip setup, then it's fairly easy to make your own.

What i do is take a regular coffee funnel, for a cheap coffee machine, place it above another one (so two on top of each other).. put ice cubes in the top, and then grind beans at course and fine (course first, fine second), place it over a tea candle holder and then just let it sit there over night..
    Frozen consulting manager in the north.. loves gaming, writing code and wearing shorts in -5c
    Community Manager
    hey @AirBnBacon, I've started my search for the Yirgacheffee here in London (you got me with the citrus note, I love anything citrusy) , I'll keep you posted! Have a lovely weekend! 🤗
    → Gana un ordenador Legion, participa aquí
    → ¿Aún no te has registrado?>Hazlo aquí 🤗
    Level 52
    Well, aside from the fact that I'm unable to eat large quantities of what is termed insoluble fibers and is inheritably a meat-eater, bacon is my "Go-To" favourite food.

I've collected a large amount of recipes, all centered around bacon - either as a main component of the dish, or at least as a major factor of it.

So, with that in mind, two particular recipes spring to mind as what I like to eat.

#1 Bacon Bomb
    Essentially it's a "meatloaf", using italian sausage (or make your own), mixed with bacon bits, rolled together over a bacon weave and has a pepper and cheese center. If you're lucky, like I do, and have access to a smoker, then it makes this dish even nicer.

IMG_20200808_172835.jpg

And the result is here...

Attachment 957

#2 Bacon wrapped stuffing
    well, Christmas is known for a consumption of delicious foods - aside from the fact that we're a multi-cultural family (wife is scottish, kids are born in australia, I'm danish and we live in Sweden now) we got a good blend of dishes to choose from. Too many to be honest. But one of my favourites is a "side" which is stuffing (for the turkey) baked in the oven and wrapped in bacon.

Attachment 958

I got many, many more recipes with bacon - and honorable mention should be my summer broccoli salad with smoked bacon in it.. but, that's for another time :D

Looks so good!

<iframe src="https://gifer.com/embed/1Glo" width=480 height=270.000 frameBorder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://gifer.com"></a></p>
    Last edited by DoctorEldritch; 19-10-22 at 16:25.
    My farewell mesage 🌟: in English - in Arabic
    Your new MEA Community Manager is @UnapologeticDino!
    Level 12
    hey @AirBnBacon, I've started my search for the Yirgacheffee here in London (you got me with the citrus note, I love anything citrusy) , I'll keep you posted! Have a lovely weekend! 🤗

i can highly recommend splurting for an AeroPress coffee maker.. it's an inexpensive, but highly delightful little brewing kit. Just don't do what I did for years, which was to use a hand grinder. whilst i loved the whole process of making a cup of coffee, i didn't like the inconsistencies i got out of it

Enjoy the coffee should you locate some.. have a great weekend too!
    Frozen consulting manager in the north.. loves gaming, writing code and wearing shorts in -5c
    Community Manager
    @AirBnBacon found this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aerobie-Aer...c=1&th=1&psc=1
    → Gana un ordenador Legion, participa aquí
    → ¿Aún no te has registrado?>Hazlo aquí 🤗
    Level 12

That's exactly the one you want!! it makes the smoothes coffee I've ever had!
    Level 2
    Cheeze doodles (ostbågar) from OLW for snacks, anything Korean for food
    Community Manager
    @jonang I love Korean seaweed snacks, I can't remember the exact name now, but a friend once brought them from Korea for me, and they were amazing! Have you ever tried them? They look like very thin pressed together seaweed slices :)
    • Jakiej gry nie możesz doczekać się w 2024 roku? Powiedz nam tutaj 🎮
    • Zobacz nową linię produktów Lenovo tutaj 💻
    • Masz jakieś hobby poza graniem? Opowiedz nam w tym temacie🌍
    Banned
    My favorite snack has to be crispy, salty potato chips! And yes, I love to cook. There's something satisfying about creating a delicious meal from scratch.
    Community Manager
    @Strongeotwe that's true! When you have put lots of effort into the meal it tastes much better than a ready-bought one 😁