What's your favourite food/snack? Do you cook? 🍔

Replies
    views
    Head of Community
    Name:  Foodc.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  193.2 KB

Hey guys,

The bacon conversation here with @AirBnBacon made me super hungry the other day and I thought a food topic would be great to discuss our favourites foods, drink and snacks! 😅 🥗

I'm not very experienced in cooking but I do try to make some simple meals sometimes as it can be a little healthier than microwaveable meals and cheaper than restaurant takeaway. When I say cooking I mean putting frozen veggies, fish fingers and such and fries or herb potato cubes in the oven. Sometimes I chop vegetables into chunks and put them in the oven with some feta cheese on top to melt. 🤤 That's about it with my cooking skills so far, but I'm going to learn some new stuff as I'm a bit bored with the freezer food.

When I go to a restaurant I have a few favourites - Italian food is amazing and I especially enjoy lasagna, various pasta dishes, caesar salad... ooh buffalo mozzarella salad too. I'm not a huge meat eater but when I do crave for some meat I got for a fillet steak with peppercorn sauce! 🤤🤤

Favourite snacks are Snyder's jalapeño pretzel pieces (soooooo goood) and I also love Itsu seaweed thins which are like thin crisps made of seaweed that I like to snack on while gaming or watching TV. 🤤

So what are your favourite foods/dishes? Do you like to cook or prefer ready-made meals? Do you snack on anything while gaming?
    Last edited by MoriMoonpaw; 24-04-21 at 14:35.
  • 19 Replies

Level 12
    Well, aside from the fact that I'm unable to eat large quantities of what is termed insoluble fibers and is inheritably a meat-eater, bacon is my "Go-To" favourite food.

I've collected a large amount of recipes, all centered around bacon - either as a main component of the dish, or at least as a major factor of it.

So, with that in mind, two particular recipes spring to mind as what I like to eat.

#1 Bacon Bomb
    Essentially it's a "meatloaf", using italian sausage (or make your own), mixed with bacon bits, rolled together over a bacon weave and has a pepper and cheese center. If you're lucky, like I do, and have access to a smoker, then it makes this dish even nicer.

Name:  IMG_20200808_172835.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  556.7 KB

And the result is here...

Name:  IMG_20201017_193232 (1).jpg
Views: 624
Size:  522.8 KB

#2 Bacon wrapped stuffing
    well, Christmas is known for a consumption of delicious foods - aside from the fact that we're a multi-cultural family (wife is scottish, kids are born in australia, I'm danish and we live in Sweden now) we got a good blend of dishes to choose from. Too many to be honest. But one of my favourites is a "side" which is stuffing (for the turkey) baked in the oven and wrapped in bacon.

Name:  IMG_20191226_171734.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  505.3 KB

I got many, many more recipes with bacon - and honorable mention should be my summer broccoli salad with smoked bacon in it.. but, that's for another time :D
    Frozen consulting manager in the north.. loves gaming, writing code and wearing shorts in -5c
    Head of Community
    @AirBnBacon OMG 🤤 Why did I check on here while hungry again? 😅 Both of those dishes look soooo good! Looking forward to hearing more about that summer broccoli salad at some point too. 😁 I'm about to finish some takeaway leftovers - veggie courgette fritters with yoghurt dip!
    Community Manager
    @AirBnBacon Just stumbled on your post! Where can I send my friend application??? that food looks amazing!!! 🤤
    → Gana un ordenador Legion, participa aquí
    → ¿Aún no te has registrado?>Hazlo aquí 🤗
    Community Manager
    @Marion so, I love to eat so it was difficult for me to choose 🤔but these are some of my faves:

Arepas: the Venezuelan bread, made of maize flour, super versatile, can be eaten at any point of the day and you can fill them with anything! Cheese, ham, bacon, beans, avocado, chicken, your choice!!

Name:  arepas.jpeg
Views: 783
Size:  86.5 KB

From Spain, tostas with tomato, olive oil and ibérico ham 🤤with a coffee, like in the pic, heaven on Earth:

Name:  118764585_10160118488160278_4947143393870514727_n.jpeg
Views: 591
Size:  425.6 KB

Pho Soup. Ever since I started enjoying British winters 😆Pho has become part of my weekly diet: a hot Vietnamese dish, to keep me warm and full...

Name:  pho-ga-9.jpeg
Views: 561
Size:  403.4 KB

I can keep going, but the list would be too long!
    Head of Community
    OH MY goodness I'm hungry again thanks for sharing @Paty , looks sooooo good!!!😄

You mentioned coffee as well - how do you like to take it? ☕
    Community Manager
    @Marion I have a little coffee addiction so:

- I like it black on workdays, to keep me away
    - Affogato -with icre-cream- if it's summer and I am treating myself
    - "Con leche" - with milk, if I am eating cake 🍰

What about you?
    Head of Community

What about you?

For me, mainly black coffee (I use Nespresso classic pods/capsules) but SOMETIMES (maybe twice a year lol) I start craving for a cup of coffee with a little bit of milk and a spoonful of sugar. Back when I still went to Starbucks etc coffee places before Covid, I loved the ice coffees. Coffee with ice cream is something I still need to try OMG
    Level 12
    @AirBnBacon Just stumbled on your post! Where can I send my friend application??? that food looks amazing!!! 🤤

thank you - i very much enjoy a lil' smokey bacon nom-nom at times :D

- - - Updated - - -

What about you?

if you really like coffee, and don't mind the work, try this out:

- get a hold of some Yergacheffe coffee (it's ethiopean and considered one of the best)
    - grind the beans yourself, approx. 65g per "cup"
    - buy an AeroPress coffee maker and use the paper filters, not the metal one

it will be the smoothes and most tasty coffee you've ever tried.. i swear by it
    Frozen consulting manager in the north.. loves gaming, writing code and wearing shorts in -5c
    Community Manager
    @AirBnBacon thanks for the tip!! Now I have a new to-do list, love it because I'm always on the look for good coffee (the price of the Yirgacheffee though 😯, I'd have to drink it like once a week to make it work, I drink way too much coffee 😁) and stick with Colombian coffee the rest of the days!